Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Went offroading again.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
I guess if its 4x4 you may as well use it regardless of if its a $60k truck.
60K? I recall them being somewhere in the 90k+ range new. The new 2010 ones start at 104k.

Not sure if you're referring to the used value of his truck or a new one hehe

Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
60K? I recall them being somewhere in the 90k+ range new. The new 2010 ones start at 104k.
i thought so too, but never really liked them, so i never paid much attention to them.

and since that's in US $'s, that pretty much be double up here, eh?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I wonder how easy it is for you guys (in canada) to come down here to the U.S., buy a vehicle and then take it back and register it in Canada? I have no idea what the exchange rate is.. it's probably not even worth it.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
I wonder how easy it is for you guys (in canada) to come down here to the U.S., buy a vehicle and then take it back and register it in Canada? I have no idea what the exchange rate is.. it's probably not even worth it.
it's not the exchange rate. right now it's pretty good-was even better last year when we were above the $ mark, we got US$1.10 @ one point for our dollar.

it's the 3 (business) days in advance that you need to have the paper work at the crossing where you're bringing it over that's a PITA! this is so they (Customs) can verify that the vehicle is not;

1) stolen,
2) you were telling the truth about the sale price (they have a back door into eBay to verify this too)
3) all current liens & owings are up to date. apparently there's no way for them to come across boarder to collect.

and the 3 business days is a minimum. if the office is busy/backed up when you come after the 3 day wait, too bad. plus they're only open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm with a 90 minute lunch (must be a nice place to work). sounds like a freakin' bank.

plus our Government likes to nail us with a tax that wasn't even around when some of us bring up the vintage iron. pisses me off royall!