Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^no, Logan is doin' a SAS in his ZR2.

you keep mentioning "i will be able to fit the zr2 rims under it.", stop mentioning the rims-it's the tires that are the issue! you're trying to fit 31's on your truck, right?

sorry, but when you keep going (defaulting?) back to this statement, it sounds like you're not listening to what is being said. i could take a setof those ZR2 styled wheels and put on a 55 series tire, and they'd still fit the truck. would look pretty stupid, but would still fit.

and the ZR2 t-bars will just give you a stiffer ride. here, check THIS out. it's give you some more insight into what you're trying to accomplish. you can also check this out as well.

hope this helps you out a bit more.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
^^^no, Logan is doin' a SAS in his ZR2.

you keep mentioning "i will be able to fit the zr2 rims under it.", stop mentioning the rims-it's the tires that are the issue! you're trying to fit 31's on your truck, right?

sorry, but when you keep going (defaulting?) back to this statement, it sounds like you're not listening to what is being said. i could take a setof those ZR2 styled wheels and put on a 55 series tire, and they'd still fit the truck. would look pretty stupid, but would still fit.

and the ZR2 t-bars will just give you a stiffer ride. here, check THIS out. it's give you some more insight into what you're trying to accomplish. you can also check this out as well.

hope this helps you out a bit more.
i want to be able to use the zr2 rims with the stock zr2 tires which i believe are the 31. yea i checked out the torshion bar lift something i might look into later down the road. did you end up doing the swap for the zr2 torsion bars?

Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Ok... I'll sum everything up that's been said by everyone for you man.

ZR2 rims are the same as any other 4x4 Blazer rims. The tires are different. They're about 1" taller than the 235's

T-bar crank is good for the road, if you want to do offroading, look into a 2" body lift to go with the t-bar crank. You will only end up rubbing the sway bar at full lock and articulation on the trails. (Not a big deal IMO). Don't get wheel spacers as in some cases this makes fender rub worse (unless my logic is flawed...)

The ZR2 sway bars only create a stiffer ride, I remember reading a thread in the Suspension Tech section where someone did the swap and was pleased... you won't gain any ground clearance from this swap unless the original T-bars are weak in which case they'd be sagging and the front end would be low to begin with.

good luck.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

thats it in a nutshell Pat.

if you haven't decided on the truck you want yet, just narrow your search for a ZR2.

if you get a regular 2dr, add a body lift, get some good 31" tires (5) and convert over to 3.73 gears, you will be looking at the same price as just paying for the ZR2. BUT the zr2 comes with some other gains (both small and large) to include a stock SUSPENSION LIFT.

SO if you just get a ZR2 out the gate, you will be set back a little more in the begining, but make up for it the first time you put together your wish list of mods to do. half should already be knocked out for you.

as for fitting 31's on a normal 4x4 blazer (2 or 4 door) just open 5 random threads. two should cover that.... seriously.
2" BL OR +1.5-2" T-bar if all you want is the road. Both if you want to off-road with out too many problems. to even it out in the rear, toss an add-a-leaf on it OR +1-2" rear shackles. done.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oktain
Ok... I'll sum everything up that's been said by everyone for you man.

ZR2 rims are the same as any other 4x4 Blazer rims. The tires are different. They're about 1" taller than the 235's

T-bar crank is good for the road, if you want to do offroading, look into a 2" body lift to go with the t-bar crank. You will only end up rubbing the sway bar at full lock and articulation on the trails. (Not a big deal IMO). Don't get wheel spacers as in some cases this makes fender rub worse (unless my logic is flawed...)

The ZR2 sway bars only create a stiffer ride, I remember reading a thread in the Suspension Tech section where someone did the swap and was pleased... you won't gain any ground clearance from this swap unless the original T-bars are weak in which case they'd be sagging and the front end would be low to begin with.

good luck.
thanks for summing it up. so if im understanding this right i can put 31s on my stock rims do the tbar crank, shackles in the back and call it a day.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
thanks for summing it up. so if im understanding this right i can put 31s on my stock rims do the tbar crank, shackles in the back and call it a day.
Yes unless your gonna be doing some off roading. you can check my blazer out it has the tbar crank and shakles with 31" tires but they do rub at full turn

Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by leeclark
Yes unless your gonna be doing some off roading. you can check my blazer out it has the tbar crank and shakles with 31" tires but they do rub at full turn
i do a little bit of offroading nothing to crazy like huge rock or anything like that. what would you recommend for a good size offroad/on road sized tires.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

30's with a good agressive tread would work... you can try 31's off road with just a crank, and if you find it rubs with the stuff you're doing, do a body lift then.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

30's with a good agressive tread would work... you can try 31's off road with just a crank, and if you find it rubs with the stuff you're doing, do a body lift then.
alright thanks guys,better off knowing what i gotta do then just guessing and ending up something not working right i started a new thread about zr2 suspension parts and if anyone knows which ones will work please post them here>https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/making-my-blazer-zr2-39105/

Old 01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

actually Pat, they're a little more than 2", i've stated theat before (and if memory serves me correct, i think AJ did earlier as well), and that's why we have the 30x9.5's.

not nit-pickin', just getting the facts out there.

Quick Reply: Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer