Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jsmz
ZR2 rims are the same size as any other blazer, 15x7.

the 31 inch tires are about an inch taller than the 235 that came factory. but unless you put a lift on your blazer your going to tear your fenders all to crap.
i was gonna correct you on that, but it looks like Bert beat me to it.

Originally Posted by AJBert
The difference in the suspensions allows for bigger tires (~29" for non-Z to 31" for Z) thus allowing for greater ground clearance.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah yeah, lol.

well my 31 BFG's measure not quite 30 3/4 mounted... i rounded down.,, why i dont know. i guess rounding down isnt very good when it comes to tire space.

no my rims are not off a ZR2, but there is absolutely no difference... believe me... i have been using as many ZR2 parts for my project as i can. Anything that is bigger & will fit i want it. If the rims were any bigger..id have them.

31 inch tires will give you less than one whole whoppin inch of extra ground clearance.

its still amazing to me how much of a headache it is to have "functional" 31's on these blazers, without fender rubbing issues.

Last edited by jsmz; 01-05-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

OK, BIGGER rims will NOT give better ground clearance. A bigger DIAMETER tire will. Backspacing will only make a difference in how far your tires stick out or how much they tuck in but will determine how much rubbing you may get.

Am I the only one banging my head against a wall at this point?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, nope.

there are just too many untrue rumors about Z's and their part differences floating around. there isnt really even a difference besides suspension mounting points, frame reinforcements, spring rates, tire diameter (rubber part of wheel lol), and axles.

the chevy description of the Z boasts about larger bearings and crap, but i have yet to see a difference in them

Last edited by jsmz; 01-05-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jsmz
31 inch tires will give you less than one whole whoppin inch of extra ground clearance.

actually, 235/75/R15's measure 28.87", and 31's (typically) measure about 30.97". so that will infact give you slightly more than 1" of more ground clearance.

OK, BIGGER rims will NOT give better ground clearance. A bigger DIAMETER tire will. Backspacing will only make a difference in how far your tires stick out or how much they tuck in but will determine how much rubbing you may get.

it's funny (not really) how many times that statement has been said, time & time again.

and your last comment.......not by a long shot (i started around the 3rd or 4th post).

Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

alright thanks guys for letting me know this before i tried it . so basically it sounds like its better just to start with a zr2

Old 01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ABN31B
last time man: THE RIMS ARE NO DIFFERENT. still 15"x7" rims. same as on any other s-series blazer.... if that big *** k-5 as your avatar is any indication of your ride, you will not really get much out of any 2 gen rims...
if the white 95-97 on your info page is any indication of your ride then you will need to lift it to get away with the 31' tires you seem to really want....

what swartlkk said "t bar will do" will get you by with 31"s. you wont be able to turn all the way, and you will want to steer clear of large bumps, but to really make them work and give them some flex. get yourself some lift. any lift. search it up. 31" tires are like around here
no neither is mine yet...didnt have any pics so i just went with them. mine will be up soon and i gotta get a sig made up. thanks for the input my basic idea is to be able to do basic offroadin not huge rocks or anything but still be able to go on road without have the rock like ride
if you want to see what the blazer looks like its on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQi7jzXAkFg

Old 01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

i got one vehicle im getting rid of so im may have some extra cash soon. i just want to clarify this and make sure its going to work. If i buy a the rear shackles and crank the torsion bars up a little i will be able to fit the zr2 rims under it. i know one of you guys said that their will still be rubbing at full clock. if i got wheel spacer would this solve it or is there another way to go about. and what if i swapped my torsion bars out for a zr2 this would gain some lift. and 1 last question(i know i ask a lot) i've seen some lift kits that sell the upper control arms with it, i know they change the angle the way the ball joints sit to decrease tire wear. but how?

Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Ill sell you my entire ZR2 suspension

Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Logan
Ill sell you my entire ZR2 suspension
what are you getting rid of your zr2???? or do you have zr2 stock parts left over?

Quick Reply: Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer