Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

4 Door fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Beginning Member
RidinWithHarry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
Has anyone used/seen/have any info on these? $60 on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Pacer-Perform...id=1510063855&

I do. I've had them for about 5 years and they've held up well. They look okay but they don't look nearly as nice as actual Blazer fender flares like what Jungle Makes. Especially if your tires are stock sized with the stock track width. The Pacer flares are really just a way to make vehicles with wide offset tires legal to drive in states that require the vehicle's fender to cover the tire.

Having said that, I have the 1 3/4" option and unless your track width is wider than stock, I say stick with those. I've seen the 2 1/2" option and they really stick far out of the fender. They were on a lifted Ford Ranger with gigantic mud tires that were sticking outside of the fender by about 4" so they actually looked pretty good on it but they would look silly on a stock blazer.

Also, the wire isn't needed. It's pretty tough to stick into the flare and by pretty tough, I mean I got like 4" in and gave up. And whenever you get it installed, the flares are plenty stiff enough by themselves. Just use all of the screws that come with it.

Here's some pics to check out.

I ordered these:
Amazon Amazon

Old 11-07-2017, 09:35 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I was looking at the rolled flares about 2 months ago. But here In Canada the one you both posted are over 120$... there are some that are 60$ Canadian but not sure if they are worth it... they don't seem to be as sturdy as the one a you guys posted

Last edited by DonL; 11-08-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DonL
I was looking at the rolled flares about 2 months ago. But here In Canada the one a you both posted are over 120$... there are some that are 60$ Canadian but not sure if they are worth it... they don' seem to be as Saturday as the one a you guys posted
Just do like I have done to help people. Have your friend in the US order it for you and ship it up there. You end up paying less that way.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Starting Member
Captain Kirk is on a distinguished road

Harry thank you so much for the info and pictures, seeing them installed on one of our trucks it's really a lot of help man I truly appreciate it. Don, if you need somebody to help you out and get them things for you just let me know. On vacation from work till the 15th, guess i am gonna go ahead and see if I can get the jungles installed. I don't know though, I'm telling you I think I'm going to have problems, I don't know if I'm going to like them and if I don't who knows, them other ones might be an option; I'll let you guys know in a day or two. We had wnow on halloween, a dusting this morn, gonna bring em in the house so they can warm up an loosen up a bit, rite now the fiberglass is so tight; almost brittle. I picked up some sms with rubber backed washers from fastenall 2day and some 3m tape from a bud who wrenches and does body work at a local shop that he "donated" to me. They are already primered and the edging glued on. I know the fronts are gonna be a bitch; the rears (over tire pieces) shouldnt be to bad, and i still havent quite figured out what i'm gonna do about the pieces that go on the rear doors. FUN FUN FUN! It is supposed to be 50 degrees tmrw ( my bday also) only warm day in the forecast.

Last edited by Captain Kirk; 11-08-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Additional info/thoughts
Old 11-08-2017, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran

Awesome thanks Kirk. Now I just gotta talk the wife into it. She might not let me spend money until after our Florida trip tho lol

Old 11-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Starting Member

Don, i have Prime account; wonder if i can order them, and have them shipped to you as a gift.? I will check into that, who knows.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran

That would be awesome. Unfortunately I have cut my blazer fund until after after the new year... happy wife happy life and with 4 kids it doesn't help the pockets. But the smiles are worth it.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
That would be awesome. Unfortunately I have cut my blazer fund until after after the new year... happy wife happy life and with 4 kids it doesn't help the pockets. But the smiles are worth it.
Isn't it amazing how true that statement is....life lesson #1 for all the young guys out there...lol.

Mother nature has not been nice here...its 22 and with windchill its below 10...no way to get anything done on truck in this weather. So close to being done and once again in a holding pattern. I go back to work on the 15th...hoping for just 1 day above 50 to get done what i have to to get her legal to drive.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

following this thread, looking for updates

Old 12-15-2017, 05:03 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Any progress, fellas?

I'm interested to see how they turn out, Capt. Kirk..

Quick Reply: 4 Door fender flares