Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

96 Blazer detailing

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough
Default 96 Blazer detailing

alright. so i have a 96 Blazer LT 4wd 4 door 4.3 v6. everything about the car is great. runs great, rides smooth, etc.. but there are a couple things i need to fix on her body. for starters the front left fender is starting to rust out right behind the wheel. i know normal parts arent supposed to rust but this was an aftermarket from when the previous owner got into an accident and the front fender, hood and front bumper all had to replaced. of course they cheaped out and now we cant do anything about it. so im stuck footing the bill. i was thinking about getting a new fender and spraying it to color match my truck which is green. but the front bumper is another story. it doesnt look like there are any holes rusted through (unlike the fender) so im thinking about just taking it off. sanding it down to the bare metal and then respraying it. if i have to i can do some fiberglass work too. the hood i know im just going to get it professionally resprayed because just the shiny part of the paint is peeling off (idk what its called) those are the major things i need to start working on as soon as spring hits and its warmer up outside. smaller things are like the passenger mirror is broken off and hanging on by electrical tape. you cant really notice it until you get up close but i can still notice it. it hangs a little sideways, but the power controls still work. now on the inside i was thinking about putting in a Alpine CDA-9884. and i love the sound of the stock speakers so i might just get a sub. my friend is sick of his so he said he would sell it to me for 10 bucks. its an explode 1500. it sounded good in his car from the trunk so i figured i could build some kind of special enclosure or something. i know i need to get an amp. id rather get a new one than my friends. i also wanted to learn how to change the color of your bulbs in the car like where your feet are. and also on the center roof mount thing. (that would be sick) other than that im still open to any ideas. i was thinking about some off road lights that go on the brush guard or the roof rack but i never go offroading so i might not.

well any input is good input. give me ideas what else to do or any help with what i already have plans for is good. ill try to get some pics up of my baby as soon as i have a decent camera to do it with.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 PM

alright. ive been looking into speakers and new headunits and ive decided to go all alpine. i figured if i can score a job somewhere i can actually spend some money on this. cause i figured this out to set me back one grand. thats with a new headunit, subwoofer, amp, and maybe new speakers. i havent decided yet. im only gonna get a 10 in type R but i dont know the difference between 2 and 4 ohm voice coils. there the same price so im confused.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:43 AM

UPDATE: i bought a new front bumper and fender and had them both sprayed at a shop across the street from me Turner Auto Body. did a great job. took them off and put the new ones on and it looks great.

also got a head unit alpine CDA-9886 works great for me. and jut this past winter i put in a 10" pioneer sub in a box i built. with a dual amp. all free otherwise i wouldnt have cheaped out. but it works for me.

other than that nothing is really new. i got rear ended by some ricer in a civic but his car was so low it only knocked off my license plate and my spare tire from under my car. so now i have it on the roof rack.

ill get pics up as soon as possible