Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Auxillary Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:30 PM
nnnon632 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auxillary Lights

Straight forward i want to buy lights but dont know what to get? I want to get something that goes out as far as my high's if not farther. Then I got a light bar so then im getting spread out fog lights. I was looking at PIAA's but don't know how they are. Ican afford up to 200 bucks.I'd appreciate advice on both. Thanks

Old 12-26-2007, 11:39 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Auxillary Lights

I have the PIAA 1500 ION driving light series. I had them on my Taurus SHO before, but then that got totaled and I took them for the blazer. I still need to get them wired up, the truck is just so dirty and its cold outside for running wire. But when I had them on my old car, they were amazing. I will eventually get them on the blazer but I am looking at getting some PIAA or real cheap brand offroad fog lights. I think PIAA are worth it. The Piaa 520 series looks nice and should perform well.

These are my lights CLICK ME!!

These are the 520 series that I am looking into CLICK ME!!

Old 12-26-2007, 11:51 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Holy wow those are expensive! Whats the difference between those and other lights? The brightness/distance, etc?

Old 12-27-2007, 12:29 AM

Probably brightness, brand name/quality. I just had them on the SHO when I bought it and decided since they werent broke that I would take them for my next vehicle when the SHO got totaled.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

So in your mind are they worth the money or should I just buy something cheaper to do the trick?

Old 12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ive got 2 IPFs on my roof, and they are much much brighter than high beams. Also they go a good deal farther than the highs.

But I have mine aimed slightly left and right of center to light up the edges of the road and for curves, and let the brights do the trick for the oncoming road.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM

From my experience with the PIAA 1500 ION driving lights they would be worth the money. I am probably going to get some cheap off road ones from the local parts store eventually to have bright white spot lights/off road only lights. But the PIAA 1500 driving lights work well with the low and highbeams, and would work amazing if you had them, the low and the high beams all running at once. That would be lots of light.

I would of course search around and try to find the cheapest deal possible on them. The links I posted above were just to give people ideas about what they look like and some info on them.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Mine are pretty bright. Not as white as my headlights, but I like em. i want to try to find out if I can find a whiter bulb I can swap out. I am going to put four more lights on my roof rack too so if anyone knows of any bulbs before I search everywhere, let me know. They are only 40 bucks for a pair and they look good too.