Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bumper Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road
Default Bumper Question

Are the bumpers able to be removed/put on in sections?
I have a scuff on the left side of my bumper...
The bumper looks like it can be removed in sections, but I don't know if this is true or not.

As you can see by my great artwork, thats how I see the sections. Maybe someone can correct me...

I've got a decent sized scuff on the bumper, and a tiny scuff near the taillight on the driver's side.

I can probably find a bumper from a similar car somewhere in a junkyard with the same color paint... I just don't want to have to pay like $900 for the dealership colored paint to get a job done thats only going to crack in the long run anyway...

$900 is obviously an exaggeration.

Either way, I'd have no problems painting this myself, but figured I might be able to find that part easier and cheaper then having to paint it. (assuming the bumper is in sections)... Otherwise, I might just find beat up bumpers. lol

Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it is sections..

Old 08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 2002XTREME
Yes it is sections..
Like he said, to get the rear bumper off,you'll have to pull the top plastic skin off and pull the 4 bolts out, disconnect the liscence plate lights and off she comes, takes 10 minutes if the bolts aren't seized. Crawl underneath and squeeze the plastic clips holding the bumper cover with a pair of pliers, then push up on them while squeezing.

Had to pull it off to install my GM hitch.