Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Carbon Fiberized Steel Cowl Induction Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011 | 11:48 AM
|
Beginning Member
chevykid223 is on a distinguished road
Default Carbon Fiberized Steel Cowl Induction Hood

Hey anyone know someone who would paint my hood? Its gotta be someone local to me, someone I can trust.

Old 03-08-2011 | 10:48 PM
Beginning Member
88cougar is on a distinguished road

I would use 3m's dinoc carbon fiber vinyl it hold up really well and looks just like real carbon fiber

Old 03-09-2011 | 04:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^ say what?!!

Old 03-09-2011 | 05:06 PM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

^ I think its a big sticker. like a HOOD sized sticker!

Old 03-09-2011 | 10:57 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah its like a vinyl wrap just for the hood. I dunno personaly Im not a carbon fiber fan.. Thats for ricers IMO but hey man its your truck and you do whatever you please with it. I dont have to look at it everyday!

Old 03-10-2011 | 01:09 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry guys, but the kid had asked about painting his steel hood.

didn't think he was lookin' for a wrap.

Old 03-10-2011 | 01:21 AM

Yeah Ive never actualy heard of anyone painting a carbon fiber pattern on.. But thats not saying it cant be done but I would assume lots of man hours which generaly = $$$. Hes actualy fairly close to me but Ive been in the part of GA for only 7 months so I dont know much of anything down here yet. Body work costs a lot and is last on my list.. But hey man if you find a good body shop that does good work for a fair price let me knwo!

Old 03-10-2011 | 05:51 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Its possible to paint a pattern that somewhat looks like carbon fiber but if thats the look you really want vinyl is really a better option. At least that way in a years time you can peel it off when you get tired of it. IMHO I wouldn't do it, leave it for the ricers.

Old 03-10-2011 | 09:08 AM

Ive never been a fan of carbon fiber except the inserts on the interior of my buddies WRX but it suits his car well. But hey we dont have to live with it, if thats what he wants on his truck then all the more power to him. Im sure not everything I do or will do to my truck pleases everyone here. Like I already said.. Your truck you do what you please with it. Cant make us happy and you not be happy with it

Old 03-10-2011 | 10:44 AM
|
Beginning Member
chevykid223 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cochran07
Ive never been a fan of carbon fiber except the inserts on the interior of my buddies WRX but it suits his car well. But hey we dont have to live with it, if thats what he wants on his truck then all the more power to him. Im sure not everything I do or will do to my truck pleases everyone here. Like I already said.. Your truck you do what you please with it. Cant make us happy and you not be happy with it
Hey thanks for the backup cochran07, and I'm a wanabe ricer in the make, so thats why I want to do this. And for those with the vinyl, its a good idea but I aint got the time right now for my impatinet *** to put the time and effort into it.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiberized Steel Cowl Induction Hood