Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Cost to Repaint?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cost to Repaint?

sorry guys i have a beretta to trump that, its my uncles and the last i knew it was for sale. $25k

Pics are in my myspace photo album if anyone wants to see http://myspace.com/bosscoplin

Old 12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

where do you live?? east or west coast? It will cost more on the west coast because epa standards are higher, and well, they pay more.

Just goin over it with factory red i would say about 2000 bucks. If your going to change color and have it all jambed in like it should be done, i would say 3800-4000 bucks.

Your best bet is to make a buddy thats a painter at a good body shop! Or prep it and take it to maaco and spend a grand. I have seen decent work come out a maacos before.

honostly, i would not put more money into the paint of a car that has a blue book value of less than what it would cost to get it painted. But if you have enough money and want to keep it for a long time more power to you.

you could always take it to a tech. school, but they would probably have it for a month or so, but it would be a lot cheaper

oh, and have that guy take a pic a year later of his 75 dollar paint job and see how dull and crappy it looks after the sun gets to it. There is a reason they starting putting clear on cars to protect the color.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

i live in michigan, and i deffinatly am not looking to spend 2000 on paint, i was thinking more around 700 to 1000 bucks.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah around here in upstate ny its about 800 base n 1300 for metallic

[/align]

Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

i painted my '87 pontiac myself. You can buy the high quality automotive paint from any professional paint supply co. I got my paint from Finish Masters, which stocks all 3M paints and finishes. Just get yourself a large volume air compressor, and a gravity feed spray gun, and give yourself a weekend to prep, and another to paint.

if anyones interested in the fully stripped, jammed, white to yellow w/black stripes for a whopping 200 bucks in paint and stripping materials:

i know the paint stayed perfect and glossy for a good year and a half...after that..she died..she was dying all over the street as you can see from the oil/tranny fluid/power steering stains in front of her in the first pic

Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 PM

i want it professionaly done. plus i do not have the time to do it myself.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

well the big moneys in the prep work, would that even be out of the question for you? with good prep work, you'll make a 700 job look like a 3k one.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 PM

yeah im a fulltime student, and i travel on the weekends so i never have time to really do anything.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: WolfPack
Bumblebee's second cousin...twice removed