Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

custom interiors anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Starting Member
travisrussell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default custom interiors anyone?

anyone got pics of custom interiors? post them, even if its not a complete custom or even a complete interior it can be just a console, dash, etc. but it should be custom in some way, whether it be modified and painted, glassed, tweeded, etc. Would like to see several pages of pics in this guys any and all custom interior pics are much appreciated

Old 01-01-2011, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

there is a bunch of threads on this... one as recent as 3 days ago...
clicky

just search and you will find a bunch...

you can also flip through user albums to get some ideas from those that aren't around as much anymore.

also I showed you mine... now you show me yours

Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Beginning Member
rmart617 is on a distinguished road

yes many pics on this website of interior painting. Some quick ideas, my 2002 blazer I did the following:
The air vents are easy to pop out and out in=paint them
chair adjust lever painted
speaker covers painted
hanger clips in back seat- painted

Just some quick tips, the air vents look very sharp when they are painted

Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Beginning Member
reapher is on a distinguished road

The most obvious things in mine are removed speaker grilles and replaced with the speaker manufacturers' and switched cloth seats to leather. I can show some pics of that later.

My driver door is nearly 100% customized besides the window motor/regulator. It's not much and there's not much to show for all the work because it ended up nearly stock though.... Door that came with my blazer was black and from a 95, had an LS badge, tinting, entire wire harness and all plugs were wrong and didn't plug into the latch or the button module from 2001. The rail that the panel bolts to was wrong and had to be removed, lucky I didn't break the glass. The outside handle is clearly made of a different plastic than the other doors' and cant be remedied, but somehow the lock cylinder is correct. The inside handle was different and doesn't fit in the plastic cup from the door panel do I had to cut the door up and mount a 2001 handle and cup and custom latch/lock linkages. I had to drill some new holes for the panel clips and I put sound deadening material in the door. The exterior this door was fully painted too. The only thing left is to peel off the LS badge and put on the LT badge but I'm concerned about peeling the new paint

Just a couple weeks ago I was at the junkyard and saw a blazer with the door mine should have came with from the factory all intact, LT badge, correct panel design and interior color no damage, $40!! I should have gone that route with this door originally.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Beginning Member
tkebillybob is an unknown quantity at this point

My interior is all Mossy Oak Camo. Feel free to check it out!