Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Customized my center console

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Customized my center console

Customized my center console last weekend. It was broken, the little nut and washer that ties down the front underneath the ash tray broke through the plastic, so I pulled it out to fix that. Then I decide since I already had it out I might as well tape it up, sand it down, and splash some paint on it.Spring Green with a light coat of clear. Pulled the carpet off the sides of the console, and replaced it with the same croc skin material I wrapped my sub box with. Wrapped the lid to the console in croc skin also. I had already cut out my speaker grilles a while back, so I painted the grilles to the speakers I installed. Painted the trim to the door handle too. Still gotta pull the dash off and finish it though......anyway here are a few pics.

You canreally notice the neon difference between the dash and console. I have decided I like the spring green better than the lime green.....lol

What do you think? Be nice now!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Customized my center console

looks good goes well w/ the theme of ur truck. ya just fix the dash color and u'll be good.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 AM

I have a plan for the door panels that involves wrapping all the fabric and vinyl parts with the same croc material, but I need a second set of panels so I can work on it slowly. I;d rather not drive around with bare door panels and plus in case I screw up I don;t want to have messed up panels! lol

Old 04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice continuation of your theme! Good work!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:40 AM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks good! Although in those pictures, I think I prefer the lime over the spring. Just my two cents.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:23 PM

Thanks guys! Yeah, I rode around with the lime green for over a year now, and it just really wasn't doing it for me, it seemed to tunerish to me. I like this new green better because it is a contrast to the dark green exterior, but not too bright of a contrast. It is an easy on the eyes color, and quite soothing and relaxing. That is how I want my interior too feel: soothing, relaxing, and stylish. I think this greenwith the styleflair the croclendsconveys that message.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i agree the spring green matches the exterior much better. and if its summer and warm out u could rock it w/ out the door panels but ya i guess it would depend on how long it would be done. a couple of days wouldnt be to bad

Old 04-15-2008, 02:27 PM

The doors might take a little while. I was thinking about separating them in half from side to side. the top half has all the fabric and vinyl, while the lower half is all plastic. I want to take that top half and stretch and fit the fabric to it, and then sand the bottom half and paint it high gloss black. Then comes the daunting task of putting them back together. I really want to take my time to do them right. i'm looking for door panels now, and the cheapest I have found for salvage is $300 apiece, kinda pricey to me.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I like both greens, lol.

I highly suggest getting a spare set of panels to work on. I've been smoothing, painting, recovering, adding a speaker where the stupid map pocket is on a first gen, and working when I get the free time I have almost 3 months tied up in them so far. Lucky for me first gens are easy to find cheap parts for, I got both panels, a spare glove box door, dash speaker grilles, and anothor ash tray (all to smooth and paint) for $35.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah according to the pictures, I am not a big fan of either of the greens. I would like the same color as the exterior on the interior, but that is just me. Congrats on doing the work though.