Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Door panel RANT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough
Default Door panel RANT!

so me, the brother in law, and father in law all went to the speedway finals a few months ago. when we were on our way out my brother in law got in the blazer and slammed the door with a golf swing, as in he followed through. he just about handed me the passenger door handle. so needless to say he completely destroyed my door panel and now i am stuck trying to fix it.

so i pulled it off tonight and figured that it couldnt be that hard. well he busted up everything that actually connects to the door for the handle. so when you close the door, the panel moves about 3-4 inches before the door STARTS to move. so i thought that i could fix it. bent up some aluminum to repair the holes that he made WAAAY bigger than they used to be. bolted it to the panel where i could, and surprisingly it was quite strong, that is until the parts of the door panel that were still there decided to fall apart. so now i have a passenger door panel sitting in my garage with about 12 dollars worth of 6061 aluminum down the drain. and now i have to buy the part that is broken. the dealer wants $189 for it which about gave me a stroke.

looks like im off to pick-your-part.......

Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like how my old door panels were. PITA for sure.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

yeah....thankfully i found a deal on an arm rest on ebay yesterday so i picked that up and i should have it soon! then i can get my door panel back on.