Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Dupi color kevlar bed armor

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 10:51 AM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

how hard is it to clean? like does it pick up dust bad oppose to paint on say gravel roads when they are dry and dusty? and does your normal pressure washer take all the crap out of the ripples? dont get me wrong im looking for a tough look but at the same time i hate having a filthy vehicle all the time haha example your taking the girlfriend out for diner or something you dont always wanna start with a muddy truck

Old 02-09-2014, 10:55 AM

i was looking at your build rex and say you bought and intake filter. what you bought was it just a generic one or was it a specific blazer filter kit? have you notused any difference? reason why i ask is my buddy wrecked his car and we just put a generic Cold air filter on it in replace of the stock box and it sounded sweet i was wondering if it could hurt anything if i took his filter considering its a v6 oppose to a 4 banger

Old 02-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The two or three times I have actually washed mine I just scrub it down real quick with my tire brush and hose it off. I hit it with some spray on armor all just to see what would happen and it made it shine so much it looked like it was still wet.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 05canjimmy
i was looking at your build rex and say you bought and intake filter. what you bought was it just a generic one or was it a specific blazer filter kit? have you notused any difference? reason why i ask is my buddy wrecked his car and we just put a generic Cold air filter on it in replace of the stock box and it sounded sweet i was wondering if it could hurt anything if i took his filter considering its a v6 oppose to a 4 banger
It won't hurt anything as long as you build a shroud for it otherwise you will just be sucking in hot air from the engine bay rather than "cool" fresh air as intended. I have a volant intake that is made for the s-series and there was nothing noticeable as far as power gains or anything. I don't see many people running them probably because of the cost

Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Here you go this might help you or anyone for that matter!
Monstaliner

Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 AM
CPLSeraphim is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Not knocking you at all but as far as I'm concerned any time you half a** something you are going to end up with half a** results. I spent more time on prep work doing it right than applying the actual Monstaliner and mine is still holding perfect a couple years later and I abuse it with rocks limbs and mud usually a couple times a week!!
The point of my message was if you miss a single spot, any single spot, it could come off bad. Also stating within my message that I had to adjust the door, which is understandable. The "Half-***" you are talking about is not what I said with lax prepwork. I just meant that, like I said, I sanded, then alcohol cleaned, and that was the stuff that went on and stayed on good. So I am unsure of what you meant by your half *** prep to half *** results, because nothing I said was half ***, and the results weren't half ***. I am assuming you are mixing up facts, and that's fine for someone half-*** reading skills, but my whole message indicated to do prepwork, and that the problem lied in if you have to shift anything you are screwed. And that the walmart stuff is more forgiving.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CPLSeraphim
The point of my message was if you miss a single spot, any single spot, it could come off bad. Also stating within my message that I had to adjust the door, which is understandable. The "Half-***" you are talking about is not what I said with lax prepwork. I just meant that, like I said, I sanded, then alcohol cleaned, and that was the stuff that went on and stayed on good. So I am unsure of what you meant by your half *** prep to half *** results, because nothing I said was half ***, and the results weren't half ***. I am assuming you are mixing up facts, and that's fine for someone half-*** reading skills, but my whole message indicated to do prepwork, and that the problem lied in if you have to shift anything you are screwed. And that the walmart stuff is more forgiving.
Wow perhaps rather than insulting my reading skills you could use yours and read the first three words of my post that said I wasn't knocking you!!! I read your post clearly and fully understood what you said. Not sure why you are so butt hurt and want to insult me when I was merely stating an opinion. What I said wasn't anything about or against you dude I was simply stating that I spent more time on my prep work than anything and I haven't had issues with anything peeling off. If you want to be an internet tough guy and insult someones intelligence why don't you take it to another forum we don't care for it on this one!!

Old 02-10-2014, 04:06 PM

thanks for the coupon link!!! i wish i was within the state though haha the chassis save seems interesting to me. good chance to giver a shot.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Where are you located?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:03 PM

im in Ontario Canada