Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:31 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fog lights

Dont know if this is the right place for this but, i picked up a set of fog lights at the local napa. Where would be the best place to run the wires and where to put the lights themselves.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Fog lights

If they are real fogs (lower wattage bulbs or a wide beam pattern), then you want to mount them low. Also if you get alot of fog in your area, and will actually use them to help visibility in the fog, again, you'll want them lower. If you're just looking for extra light, you can mount them Jeep style on top of the bumper (I don't personally like that approach).

Best spot I think is going to be by the tow hooks up front. If you need to drill a hole, you can just mount the lights upside down so the mounting hole is on the underside of the valence.

Pics of the lights?

Old 05-25-2008, 11:24 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya and to run the wires for the lights, if u havea switch for them i would run the wires along the side to the back of the firewall. there should be a hole there to run it thru into the inside.

my lil bro just tried hookin up fogs on his sonoma he failed at hookin up the wires LOL. he hooked the positive right up to the batter LMAO! haha ya he was pretty stupid bout that.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:54 PM

well i guess there not fogs, there just extra light.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Then you can hook them where-ever you feel like they go best. I still vote for the lower valence by the two hooks.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i just mounted some in front of my grill.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:27 PM

For the blazer owners im thinking of the black overhang under the grill right before the front bumper, ive kinda messed around with a
couple dif. spots and the look pretty good there just still wondering how im going to run the wires since the grill is closed off.

I went out today and hooked up the lights just to see how bright they were, i hooked up all the grounds and no lights came on. what to do?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 PM

Update: Got the fogs installed last night, it was a hastle, because we had the panel off to run the wires and the grill off then some really bad weather hit us about nickel sized hail, and about 60 mph wind so i had to run the blazer home was at the neighbors house, so the weather only lasted about 10 min and we were back at it but about 1 anda half later more rain. Just pulled the front end into the garage and wired them up. I put them under each corner of the chevy symbol. pics tom.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

This is where I mounted mine for now, I might end up getting some more and putting them on the bumper in between the headlights (jeep style). Or I might just get some for the rear to have as extra back-up lights when needed.

Forgot the Picture, here it is: