Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

front valence

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I also have taken mine off. It has been off for almost a year so all last summer with it off and I have not noticed any difference in operating temp or any change in fuel mileage. The only thing I dont like is how the front plate looks on the front bumper now. I know its not the same front end as yours but you get the idea.

Attached Thumbnails front valence-004.jpg   front valence-my_truck_002.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
NCSWP is on a distinguished road

I just looked at mine...there are these plastic tabs, 2 in each corner and they are a B to get out without breaking them, any idea how to get these things out?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Beginning Member
Jhowey is on a distinguished road
Default Front Valance Decision

Here is a picture of the 02 Blazer that we purchased in Dec. It doesn't have a front valance and I saw where some of you took yours off and now I can't decide if I want to put one on or not. If I do any ideas of the part number that would fit this Blazer. I have found several and now am not sure which one is the one that I need. Thanks in advance, John

Attached Thumbnails front valence-front.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jhowey
Here is a picture of the 02 Blazer that we purchased in Dec. It doesn't have a front valance and I saw where some of you took yours off and now I can't decide if I want to put one on or not. If I do any ideas of the part number that would fit this Blazer. I have found several and now am not sure which one is the one that I need. Thanks in advance, John
Check the LMC Truck web site.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
Default Valance Question

From what I could tell from the LMC Truck site, it seems that they don't have much for my 02 Blazer but thanks for the help.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Beginning Member
ajd04zr2 is on a distinguished road

have you checked out rock auto? they have some extremely rare parts so i would have to imagine they have your valence, depending if you want to put one on. I personally like the look of no valence/ a trimmed valence. It looks more agressive and in the past I have not noticed any performance differences.

That being said I find the gap left in the middle ugly, but it is easy fill with some painted sheet metal.

Attached Thumbnails front valence-003.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member

I live near a U-Pull-It Junkyard where if my luck is good I should be able to get a valance. I have found several sites and a local aftermarket dealer who sells new ones. My concern is if I get a new one I need to be sure which one is the one that I need. I see where it looks aggressive but I would also like the look and want to be able to have the license plate mount of the valance. Thank you all for your replies and advice.