Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Give me your thoughts about this paint scheme!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009 | 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Keep us posted when you get the sketch then

Old 12-05-2009 | 09:10 PM
|
Basshead4lyfe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Keep us posted when you get the sketch then
Dude of course im gonna run the 2 pictures across him tomorrow and tell him yours/and my thoughts and GET-R-DONE!

Old 12-05-2009 | 09:25 PM
|

The guy that painted this is my airbrushed artist. I know its a bit much but this was his ride back in the day. Ely Designs is his company! The interior has airbrushed clowns everywhere lol!

Old 12-06-2009 | 08:28 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MuddBunny84
( since we're on the topic and in no way am i hijacking the topic)..

i was pondering paint colors (colours) lol, i love the solid emrald green but i want accents...dont know what would look with green..some thing in my head said go with a purple shade...like..the 2nd on right...going from right to left..nothign complex, pin stripes, some interior detailing..just some thing to catch the eye...thats the only color i can see on the truck...any suggestions...?

http://aviary.com/artists/RedPearls0...ades_of_purple
Actually I hate to tell you MuddBunny, but what you did was textbook hi-jacking. Hi-jacking isn't really getting off topic in threads. That tends to happen on it's own after a while. The true meaning of hi-jacking is coming in to someones thread and posting your own question (on topic or not) and in turn stealing the light from the OP's question. If you want to discuss your paint job, start your own thread.

As for yours basshead, it seems like your style is completely different (as mentioned before) then the majority. There is nothing wrong with this, it's cool. Nothing that you've mentioned so far I would ever do on my vehicle (short of the flat black paint). But that's just my style. If you're looking for a stand out custom paint job then go for it. Just be sure to share pics when it's done. Who knows, I may like in when I see it in the flesh.

Old 12-06-2009 | 09:15 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

ok ok well it wasn't meant to be a hijacking the question just popped into my head so i figured i'd ask is all.

Old 12-06-2009 | 09:45 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MuddBunny84
ok ok well it wasn't meant to be a hijacking the question just popped into my head so i figured i'd ask is all.
No worries. I just wanted to make sure you understood hijacking of threads.

Old 12-06-2009 | 12:37 PM
|

For sure Sisk, im meeting up with my airbrush artist today after the car show im going to. So I should have a rough sketchup of whats going to happen. I thank all of guys for the support and opinions you have given me!

Old 12-07-2009 | 10:33 PM
Beginning Member
David Reeves is on a distinguished road

What ever you do, don't do it halfway. Paint the door jams and under the hood to match. I know it is more work but if you don't do it now you will start to notice the shortcuts before you know it. It will eat at you and you will become dissatisfied because it looks half-assed. Of course that is true with everything, if you don't like something it will grow and grow till you can't stand it. Been there done that. Good luck.

Old 12-13-2009 | 05:42 PM
|

Originally Posted by David Reeves
What ever you do, don't do it halfway. Paint the door jams and under the hood to match. I know it is more work but if you don't do it now you will start to notice the shortcuts before you know it. It will eat at you and you will become dissatisfied because it looks half-assed. Of course that is true with everything, if you don't like something it will grow and grow till you can't stand it. Been there done that. Good luck.
Believe me I klnow what you mean about halfway done jobs. I strive to do everything perfect the 1st time so I wont have that feeling down the road. My airbrush artist finally got the drawing finished so Im gonna go pick it up and post it for you guys/gals to check out, later...

Old 12-13-2009 | 06:25 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

so you came up with some thing good then? dont forget to post it!! i'm still drawing my idea up *rolls eyes*