Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Go from open up gate to let down tailgate?

Old 07-09-2017, 05:25 PM
959900s10blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Go from open up gate to let down tailgate?

Sounds confusing, I know.

However, I was wondering if anyone has went from a open up gate (like a van gate) to a open down tail gate (where the glass comes up and the tail gate goes down)?

My 95 blazer had the second option, but my current 2000 blazer doesn't, and I want it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It would be easier to go the direction you are asking than the other way around, but that is just because there is more structure in the roof area on the liftgate models than there is in the tailgate models, but it still isn't a bolt in modification. It will require a bunch of alteration (cutting/welding) to the opening to accommodate the tailgate & glass.

Best to try to find a truck with the tailgate model if that is what you want.