Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:19 PM
BlazerTahoe is on a distinguished road
Default Headliner

Hey there all, I have a 93 s10 Blazer 4 door 4x4, and its the Tahoe LT package. I'm curious if anyone knows a good place to order a headliner from and about how much it would cost? Is it difficult to put in? I've put one in on my 71 plymouth duster and helped my buddy with his 72 Dart but it appears to be quite a bit different.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Beginning Member
tech0821 is on a distinguished road

If its anything like a blazer..its cake just time consuming. Gotta pull everything and it just about falls off. As for where to find one, or cost...try a u pull it yard. I've seen a bunch of blazer ones in great condition. Good luck

Old 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

lmctruck.com, rockauto.com, 1aauto.com, there's a list of places somewhere around the forum. Google is your friend! There's a few junkyard sites where you put out an order for whatever part you want, and then a bunch of junkyards will respond to you with how much they'll charge for the part and shipping to you. This way it saves you from getting it yourself. Any particular reason you need a new headliner? You could just pull it, apply sound-proofing, and then a coat of bed-liner. Probably cheaper than a new headliner, quieter too. Won't be pretty, but then again, I don't know what you're trying to do with your truck.

Good luck!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM

Well thanks guys, I was just curious if it would be too difficult but my google searches suggest it'll be easy at least to remove. I was just basically seeing if anyone had bought one from a reliable site rather than one I'm not familiar with. But I bought my blazer with the headliner torn and it is also sagging in a couple places. The bedliner idea is definitely interesting if I could get it to look good

Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 PM

If you don't mind the tear, you could always glue everything back in place (absolutely the cheapest method). Of course that wouldn't work if the headliner is far beyond repair (missing chunks or looks like **** lol). Just another idea

Old 03-14-2013, 05:47 PM

Believe me its toast haha, have you done the bedliner idea? not sure it would look good with tan interior like mine has. By the way your blazer is awesome

Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlazerTahoe
Believe me its toast haha, have you done the bedliner idea? not sure it would look good with tan interior like mine has. By the way your blazer is awesome
thanks!

I haven't tried the bedliner thing. My interior is mint, so I have no reason to do it. I have thought about taking off interior panels and applying soundproofing but that's a lot of work lol.

Hmm, tan with bedliner.. It *might* come in different colors. And depending on what kind you get, it might be paintable (it IS going to be interior with little to no wear). Suppose you could try it and then just cover it with a headliner if you don't like it? So many options! Make sure you document whatever you do on here!

this appears to be tan colored:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ier=69491_0_0_

Old 01-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Starting Member
Skitzoape is on a distinguished road

i just got one from a junkyard, great condition and many colors to choose from. i got a black one from a jimmy that had the light up vanity mirrors and the little flip down secondary visors, also got the "Oh ****!" handles too, all for $15 total. i had to drill some holes for the secondary visors and wire up the vanity mirrors but it looks good and the black breaks up the sea of grey in my truck. thinking of doing a black dash pad and some black armrest pads on the doors.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

When I redo the headliner next year, I am just going to get the fabric and do it myself. If you are careful, the old stuff will come off without screwing up the foam, then you use some good spray adhesive, like 3m 90 and go slow, working from the inside out.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Anything is possible if you want to recover the headliner yourself. Unfortunately a Blazer doesn't have a fancy emblem to get creative with.

I did this one probably 10 years ago with headliner material from a local upolstry shop and a can of countertop adhesive.

Attached Thumbnails Headliner-headliner1.jpg   Headliner-p1010065.jpg  

Last edited by TZFBird; 01-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.