Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Herculiner on side steps? Good or bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default Herculiner on side steps? Good or bad idea?

I am thinking of putting herculiner on my side steps. That's the truck bed lining for those of you who don't know. I was wondering if this is a good idea or a bad idea. Will it be too heavy or will it hold. Mine are all chipped and scratched, and also there is supposed to be inserts were the steps are to step on instead of in the grooves. I know this because there is only one left by the front passenger door. If anybody else has this done, let me know how well it went and how it's holding up. Thanks

Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Herculiner on side steps? Good or bad idea?

Itll hold, infact my lower panels and wheel well lips have it, seen MANY MANY cars with it like that and even entire cars that were covered in the stuff.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:19 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed, Detroit, my brother uses it on his truck. In the truck bed, the nerf bars, the wheel well, and a strip all the way around underneath the trim of the truck. It's paintable and it some brands have different colors. It's held up really well on his truck. It also looks great!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:07 PM
lochenjons is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use durabak liner too it worked great for me