Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

side ground effects idea, good or bad????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:38 AM
KRUSHER is on a distinguished road
Default side ground effects idea, good or bad????

I had a crazy idea one day of putting some leftover ground effects from a IROC Z build onto my 91 2 door blazer. I held them in place to get an idea of what they might look like. They would need some very slight modifying to fit but would work. Would it look good with them or not. Its a 4x4 also. Looking for opinions good or bad.

1) This is the side pieces held in place

2) the rear quarter pieces held in place.

3) And just for fun the rear bumper cover

Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
kustom_werks is on a distinguished road
Default Ground Effects

I'd say, in general, the side peice by the doors could be modified to look OK, but the rear does not. A more detailed mod of the bumper would definately be different than anything I've seen, but simply mounting it would look off.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

My vote on the sideskirts is go for it! Very interesting that it all lines up so well..

Old 04-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by kustom_werks
I'd say, in general, the side peice by the doors could be modified to look OK, but the rear does not. A more detailed mod of the bumper would definately be different than anything I've seen, but simply mounting it would look off.
Yeah that was the "quick" way to see the rear on there. I was more interested in the sides. A little 'glass work and they would go right on there. Plus it didn't line up with the sides to where it would look decent either.

Originally Posted by TheStig
My vote on the sideskirts is go for it! Very interesting that it all lines up so well..
I could always put some nerf bars on to protect the sides.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-17-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Personally I like the side skirts... if you were to have them come up to meet a roll pan in the rear that'd look good too, it's just the front that'd need something then, like a Sy/Ty front bumper and bumperettes to "Ty" the whole package together

Old 04-17-2010, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I like the camaro sides never thought they would match up so good. the bumper looks out of place

Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I like the camaro sides never thought they would match up so good. the bumper looks out of place
They actually matched up better putting the left side pieces on the right side. If you'll notice the camaro door pieces are slightly longer than the blazer doors so they would have to be modified some and re-glassed together, but that would be simple to do. I've got the stock air dam that goes on the front but don't know how it would look with sides on. The Camaro front DEFINITELY won't work nor would it look good in my opinion because its actually wider than the blazer front end. I still got time to figure it out, I'll post it in my build thread what I end up doing or not.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:03 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

If your planning on lowering it or something I think the side skirts would look nice but if your wanting to go the lift kit route I would think it might look a bit out of place. The bumper and the rear looks completely out of place.