Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Interior Advice Needed - Complete Restore

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:08 AM
David Hineline is an unknown quantity at this point

Your son is going to wreck and destroy it, so you won't get any original price back.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by David Hineline
Your son is going to wreck and destroy it, so you won't get any original price back.
So because someone is young they're going to mistreat a vehicle? Speak for yourself. Just because you beat the crap out of your first vehicle doesn't mean this guy's son will. Odds are him and his dad are working on it together, and believe me that makes a huge difference in how you treat your vehicle. My 84 Sierra was a total pile of garbage when I first got it. But me and my father worked on it together and I took better care of that truck than most adults. Heck, I used to put a cover over it at school because I worked so hard on the interior that I didn't want the sun to ruin it. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who took excellent care of their vehicle either.

Back on topic: you're going to do silver with blue for the exterior? I think blue interior would look awesome. Its an older vehicle so it can pull off the colored interior without looking tacky. Provided that there isn't already a lot of blue on the exterior. Or just keep it subtle and clean and go with black.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Beginning Member
rxm6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by David Hineline
Speaking from experience, if you build it with your two hands, you become very protective of it; at least I did. My first vehicle was my parents' '90 K5. I tore around in that, strained the motor, really USED the suspension, almost hit a light pole with it.

Then I bought my first car which was an '89 M3 with a poor interior and some engine trouble. I re-did the interior and fixed the engine and man, I tell you, I never did anything stupid in it; there was no drinking or eating in it, actually drove under the speed limit on rainy days; and I drove that thing around like a baby. This was all because I put blood and sweat into fixing that thing up and I didn't want anything to happen to it, especially after I put so much work into it.

So, moral of the story, his son will probably wreck and destroy it if dad does all the work, but I bet if son does the work with dad or dad makes him do some of the work himself, that truck will be a good buy when sold.