Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

K5 Interior Advice Needed - Complete Restore

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Beginning Member
naveedmerchant is on a distinguished road
Default K5 Interior Advice Needed - Complete Restore

Alright, the 88 K5 SUV is almost stripped down inside, and I am completely restoring it. It has a black exterior.

The interior is light grey and wanted advice what colors of interior of components shall I buy to give it modern plush looks matching with black exterior.

I have 2 good front and rear grey seats. The front door grey panels and rear side panels are worn out .

I am interested in getting its complete interior into a modernized upgraded rich plushy looks (not flashy) with changed interior color scheme to suit my black exterior and any interior upgradation similar to newer modern SUVs for its door panels, seats, seats covers, carpets, headliners, consoles, steering wheel, dash bezel panel, dash pad, ceiling weather insulation interior panel, flooring, interior lightings, high quality sound system with high quality speaker . Also need interior color advice for carpets, door panels headliner, seat cover for black exterior color.

Was also looking for any bolt-in solutions for my front and rear seats. Had heard the LEATHER seats from a 1992 (Tahoe?) are near-bolt-in replacements (same height, slight boring out of 2 mounting holes to get them to mount correctly), and the seats are "power" with IIRC 3 or 4-way adjustments. But what about back bench?

Help! What are my options?