Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

LED turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Beginning Member
werty6700 is on a distinguished road
Default LED turn signals

Hi; I bought LED bulbs for a 96 Blazer (sealed beam) grille turn signals. Does anyone know why they dont work? I can only make them work when the headlights are on. If its of any help i don't have the drive lights on (took out the fuse) Thanks

Old 05-17-2014, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

We need more details, What lights did you get, how did you wire them up?

Old 05-17-2014, 03:18 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

If they are the plug and play version (most likely) then the way the wiring is inside the truck makes it impossible for the little side markers to work properly. They will either work as turn signals, or parking lights, depending on if your head lights are on or not. You would need a 'magic flasher' to make them work the way chevy intended, and then you'd need to wire it up yourself.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:01 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
If they are the plug and play version (most likely) then the way the wiring is inside the truck makes it impossible for the little side markers to work properly. They will either work as turn signals, or parking lights, depending on if your head lights are on or not. You would need a 'magic flasher' to make them work the way chevy intended, and then you'd need to wire it up yourself.
I some how missed the grille turn signals.
Its odd how they only work when the headlights are on. I am guessing they are only working as parking lights and not blinkers in that case.
The wiring for these side marker lights are screwy to say the least.
I have some SMD board ready to be installed in the jimmy, but.... I need to get new housings. I should actually order those right now LOL

Last edited by richphotos; 05-17-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you guys for the answers. I guess i will keep the stock bulbs.

Yes, they are plug and play. I just took out the original bulb plug it the led and done. Yes they work as blinkers as long as the headlights are on, other wise the only turn signals are the bumper lights.

What about LED tailights and bumper signals ( same bulb # according to what my blazer has)? will they do the same? ... what are the best LED to use? what are the best non-LED bulbs to use? I bought sylvania and the aren't bright to my liking.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran

For the tail lights, look up v-led's triton v3's. They are expensive as all hell, but well worth the money, they are extremely bright and work how you need
VLEDS
Then you just select the base that you need for your tails, I believe they are 3057 which is 3157.

That is your best bet for LED's. Anything else you are best to stick with the stock bulbs unless you want to build your own.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Beginning Member

I see, yeah they are expensive thanks richphotos

any chance anyone knows What brand/type of bulb (NON LED) should I get i don't know like amber/clear/chrome plated (sylvania bulbs are dull, im my case) ?

Last edited by werty6700; 05-17-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran

When speaking on Incandescent, they will all pretty much be the same.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:34 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah don't buy into that '50% brighter/ whiter/ wider beam' BS sylvania always throws into their advertising. Normal bulbs will do just as well.