Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Lets see some CB installs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rogue
Sisk

Thinking about a hand held myself. What external antenna are you using?

Otherwise, the cassette deck or cassette tape holder spots are great ideas.
Sorry Rogue, I just noticed your question. I have a whip I use on my roof. Not sure of the size....theres pics of it in my build thread though..just click on my sig and go to CB install.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sisk.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
very nice setup radiokid. are you fire dept, rescue squad, or police?
I am a paramedic / firefighter.
however my truck is my personal vehicle and the radios mounted in the console very from "Ham" amateur radio's covering HF VHF UHF, i have my fire dispatch radio, and a radio to communicate with the American red cross for disaster relief operations.

I provide emergency communication in the event of a natural or man made disaster. Also when it comes to public service events like marathons and races etc.. i provide the mobile communication command center.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

sounds like a good job. Your excursion console is very similar to the rescue squad superduty that my county has. I recently bought a slightly used PRO-164 trunking handheld scanner that Im going to try and mount next week and install an external antenna.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

a solution to those of you mounting the CB beneath the ash try and want to prevent it from falling open on bumps and what not, use a large-headed, short post screw into the side of the ash tray. It pushes against the dash cage and keeps it from falling open. Just tighten or loosen to adjust how hard it is to shut the ash tray (I have mine sticking out pretty far because I never use the ash tray).

Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Has anybody ever come across a antenna mount that can be clamped on the spare tire carrier? I have looked to see if there are any made for Jeep's but I havent come up with much.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you could always custom make one. it doesn't seem too difficult. I know most antenna's come with a clamp to clamp to a mirror

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WolfPack
a solution to those of you mounting the CB beneath the ash try and want to prevent it from falling open on bumps and what not, use a large-headed, short post screw into the side of the ash tray. It pushes against the dash cage and keeps it from falling open. Just tighten or loosen to adjust how hard it is to shut the ash tray (I have mine sticking out pretty far because I never use the ash tray).
Good idea, I just stuffed some cardboard up behind it lol. It works for now.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road

what the * is a CB?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

A cb is a two way radio for any one to use to communicate with friends and you can talk to truck drivers.
It uses the 26-27 mhz frequency

it

Attached Thumbnails Lets see some CB installs-base_media.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Lets see some CB installs