Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

No one has clear headlights for 97 LT??? *Update*

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: No one has clear headlights for 97 LT???

Hey - I know this post is a month old, but I felt like I should at least try to catch you before you take any action.

I have a '96 with sealed beams, and I've already done a lot of research on the subject. If you change to composite, be aware that you also have to change your headlight wiring harness AND grille, because the grilles aren't the same either. For the money you spend to make this change, you might as well just either do a '98+ front-end upgrade, or just get the sealed-beam conversion kit. Personally, I think the rectangular headlights look better, as long as you somehow improve the styling and the lighting. A conversion kit does that for you.

Also, for the sealed beam lights, it's easier to get clear corner lights and a phantom grille. SFX Performance sells these, though you may have to do extensive research to find one at a better price. I have found zilch on getting either clear corners or a phantom grille for a '96-97 composite.

Just my $.02...

Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Taymacjack just did a how-to. Might be worth a look-see.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

lol thanx for the promotion. But yeah check out the how to!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Love that how-to! Too bad I just bought a new grille last week. Otherwise, I would have gone ahead and done the conversion from the sealed beams to composite. But that's okay -- I'm getting the phantom grille soon!

Old 12-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Starting Member
NoPh33rRaCiNg is an unknown quantity at this point

a little update on the guys with the composite headlights like mine, i checked ebay today, companies on ebay now make clear headlights for the 95-97 style headlights. here is the link for anyone thats interested. they are 157 shipped, a little cheaper than in the magazines.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...93736&rd=1

Old 02-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Mick the Gas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lennyblazer. Could you tell me where to get some clear indicators like you have? They look awesome! Cant seem to find any there in the UK. Have checked out ebay but no joy yet!
Many Thanks in advance