Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

paint job

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Beginning Member
highrider44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default paint job

ok so im gonna get my blazer painted. its an 87 two door. It also has some minor rust spots by the wheel wells. I have no idea about prices on this kinda stuff and was wondering if any one could give me some ruff estimates so i dont get ripped off. Is gonna be nothing fancy, just want a jeep paint job and the rust fixed.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Beginning Member
highrider44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: paint job

cheap paint job not jeep. whoops

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
cpm0487 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: paint job

Well i guess i can help you out on this one. I happen to work in an autobody supply store. If you want something that looks good, and will last awhile, while being cost effective, i would probably go with what's called acrylic enamel. You have quite a few kinds of paint these days. Almost all factory paint jobs nowadays are what is called basecoat\clearcoat. Base\clear is where you spray a color (basecoat) that usually dries dull, and then your clearcoat which gives it the shine. This is usually quite a bit more expensive material wise than acrylic enamel, which is considered what we call a single stage. This means you spray the color, and you're done, except for some wet sanding and buffing of course. As for rusty spots, how bad and where are they? Seeing as how mine rotted around the wheel well and rocker areas that's what im'm guessing for yours. I cant really give you a price range without knowing how extensive your repairs are going to be. Hope this helps.