Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Pin Stripe Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Beginning Member
upblazer95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pin Stripe Removal?

Anyone got a good idea to go about removing the factory pinstripe from the side of the blazer? And dam I like the looks of the blazer without out the door panels on it. Looks really sharp would the same go for the 2nd gens too? Thinking of debadging it too.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

an eraser wheel might the easiest/quickest way to remove the pinstripes.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

if you feel confident you can do it the same way I did it. Use a heat gun warm it up just enough to get it plyable, do not over heat it and slow peel when it get a little harder to pul warm it up . Use a plastic razor blade to get it started and afterwards clean it with a little bug and tar remover or rubbing alcohol.

This technique was told to me by a old body shop guy and it works awesome.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Beginning Member

sweet, hey did u get that black trim somewhere or did it come stock on ur blazer?

Joe

Old 06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have used a regular razor blade before, but I would not recommend it to anyone else unless you have a steady hand and know what you are doing. You can seriously mess up your paint doing it this way.

I would recommend the heat gun and plastic razor blade then adhesive remover.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

the Black trim is actually stock, My Blazer is pretty much as close to loaded as it can get for 95, even has the 6 speaker sound system lol

Old 06-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Beginning Member

Oh thats kool wish I could find the black somewhere to buy...

Old 06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Beginning Member
bravadaAWD is on a distinguished road

3M makes a trim black paint that we use at our shop and it matches very well. as far as the pinstripe. the eraser wheel is the best way but if it has been on there as long as mine was. you might have to do some wet sanding and buffing to make the lines go away. good luck

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Beginning Member

Yea thats kool, so 3m Trim Paint - I wanna get wanna get rid of the chrome trim. Can I just go ahead and sand the trim down and remove the chrome and spray it black. Along with the trim around the fender wells as well? I got the pinstripe off, dam was that a pain in the *** but it came off. Also took off the little guards above the windows and debadging tomorrow. Going to pull the roof-rack off as well. Looks nice and streamline will have to take some pics. Then in a week or two I am going to do a 4/6 drop with some extreme wheels on it.

Joe

Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Beginning Member
bravadaAWD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by upblazer95
Yea thats kool, so 3m Trim Paint - I wanna get wanna get rid of the chrome trim. Can I just go ahead and sand the trim down and remove the chrome and spray it black. Along with the trim around the fender wells as well? I got the pinstripe off, dam was that a pain in the *** but it came off. Also took off the little guards above the windows and debadging tomorrow. Going to pull the roof-rack off as well. Looks nice and streamline will have to take some pics. Then in a week or two I am going to do a 4/6 drop with some extreme wheels on it.

Joe
nice i would like to see pics before and after if you have them. we buy the trim black from sherwin williams. you might have to find an automotive store to find it but that stuff looks great and matches a lot of oem trim colors.