Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:15 PM
AtreyuManiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rear view mirror

So the vibrations from my sub broke my rear view mirror. Its now dangling by a wire and i was wondering if there are any kinds of kits to attach it back to the glass or what people have done to fix that.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: rear view mirror

Best bet is to have a glass shop glue it back on. I've just learned to go without, mine's been down for months.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:36 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

There are repair kits available from the dealer, glass shops and aftermarket parts stores.
It's a 2 part kit with a glass primer and adhesive.
You need to clean off the old glue with a razor blade before you use the primer.

*tip* Use a felt pen on the outside of the window to mark where the mirror is attatched because after the window is cleaned you won't see the old mark.

The mirror can be separated from the little metal mounting plate, then attatched to the window.
Don't re-attatch the mirror to the mounting plate right away, wait a day for the glue to cure.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

*tip* Use a felt pen on the outside of the window to mark where the mirror is attatched because after the window is cleaned you won't see the old mark.
definately mark it, i made the mistake of not marking it on my s-10 and it was a pain in the a$$ getting it back to where it was supposed to be, and after fighting it the mirrior only stayed up for about 2 weeks and fell off again so i just threw it behind the seat

Old 12-27-2007, 05:47 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

im having a problem of gietting mine off........ive pulled tugged everything can some1 help?

[/align]

Old 12-27-2007, 07:57 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

why are you wanting to take it off? moost people try to prevent that. lol

Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i had mine fall off twice lol. fell off once due to subs so i just went to my local parts store (NAPA, Autozone, etc.) and got a lil packet thats really cheap to glue it back up. the first time i did it i let it set for the suggested time and then like a couple weeks later it fell off. so i was like screw it and tossed it in the back and rocked the rear view mirror delete for awhile. then i finally got around to fixing it and this time i didnt hit the subs for like 2 todays to fully let the glue dry and for it to set and everything. its been a couple of months now and it hasnt fallen off. so just be patient w/ the subs and keep em off for a day or 2 when fixing ur mirror.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ive found the cheap ones that come with a new plastic mounting piece are useless. The glue feels like hot glue after it dries..a little gel-like. The pricey-er ones that have the two tubes, that you have to prep and then apply work much better and actually last.

I had to replace my Range Rover's mirror, and that sucker weighed a few pounds..had the auto dimming, lights integrated in the mirror, compass,etc...the cheap one couldnt even hold it up after 36 hours of it setting

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Beginning Member
oceaneyes823 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do remove the little metal mounting piece? I've messed around with it for a while and cant get it off to remount it.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ocean, please do not double post... After all, it is against forum rules!