Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Relocated antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 04:25 PM
black19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocated antenna?

Anyone know if it is possible to relocate the antenna on a blazer to make it have the fin type antenna found on a lot of new cars now? For instance:

I hate the antenna ad I think it would be a little bit of a cleaner look, however it may be more trouble and expense than its worth. Anyone have any opinions?

Old 02-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Relocated antenna?

I believe that antenna is for the satelite radios, not for AM/FM radio.

I'm not sure if there is anyone that makes these, but both my Bonneville and Chevelle have their antennas for the AM/FM radio in the windsheild. The Bonneville has it in both the front and rear glass, but the Chevelle has it only in the front glass. The antenna in the Chevelle isn't all that great, but what can you expect with 36 year old technology. The Bonneville's radio reception is excellent.

Just something else to think about possibly doing...

Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 PM
black19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just going to bump this thread simply because yesterday I got a crack in my windshield and since I will have to replace it shortly, I figured maybe I would look into getting more info on moving the antenna to the windshield upon replacement.

Anyone seeing this thread for the first time have any info or input?

Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i saw before where people shaved the antenna and relocated it to inside the car under the dash. just a thought.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:07 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

im not even sure if the have a windshield wit antenna in it. Plus u would have to rewire the plugs up into ur headliner i think

Old 12-28-2006, 07:00 PM
sdm1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about installing a motorized telescopic antenna? if not, then you can always make your own antenna. i know they used to sell a kit at Radio Shack. it's a regular windshield antenna kit. it's just small-gauge wire that you tape up the side of the winshield on each end.