Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Reupholstery

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road
Default Reupholstery

I've recently started rebuilding a 1999 S10 Trailblazer with a Tan Interior with Leather bounding on the door panels, Shifter, and the seats. its primary (cosmetic) issue is that the interior was exposed to rain and moisture for several years in the hot florida sun. The worst of it is the seats and Shifter which need to be completely redone

Where would i go about ordering the right colorcode and type of material for reupholstering everything? Im more used to working with cloth and vinyl so im not sure on where to source materials from.

Picture for reference:
Spoiler

Old 10-30-2019, 04:21 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Whoa, I'm diggin' the wood grain trim!

As far as color coding, decode your RPO codes list in the glovebox, or have your VIN number decoded. Should give you your options list, including color of paint and interior.

I am fairly certain the Trailblazer trim only came in two color schemes...the gray/dark gray, and the tan/light brown (peanut butter?).

Are you in FL?

Shame....I see these panels and seats in good condition all the time around the Omaha, NE area. (The tan, not the gray).

Old 10-30-2019, 06:03 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

You might be shocked at what places will charge to reupholster the seats...

They can be tough to source, but I would keep your eye on any local scrap yards for a good usable set. Any from a 98-05 should bolt in and work no problem. But getting some that have the same two-tone color pattern, that may be the hardest part... If you're dead set on sticking to the two-tone, reupholstering might be you're only option unless you get EXTREMELY lucky in a salvage yard.

And trust me when I say that you can get very lucky in the salvage yards sometimes. This coming from someone who not long ago scored an ENTIRE Diamond Edition interior complete with seats, door panels, and steering wheel, in near MINT condition, at a salvage yard in Crystal River, Florida

Old 11-07-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Whoa, I'm diggin' the wood grain trim!

As far as color coding, decode your RPO codes list in the glovebox, or have your VIN number decoded. Should give you your options list, including color of paint and interior.

I am fairly certain the Trailblazer trim only came in two color schemes...the gray/dark gray, and the tan/light brown (peanut butter?).

Are you in FL?

Shame....I see these panels and seats in good condition all the time around the Omaha, NE area. (The tan, not the gray).
I am in florida, from my understanding Trailblazers are not exactly common in this part of the country, i've only ever seen one other on the road, which oddly enough was the exact same configuration as mine and was in pristine the condition.

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
You might be shocked at what places will charge to reupholster the seats...

They can be tough to source, but I would keep your eye on any local scrap yards for a good usable set. Any from a 98-05 should bolt in and work no problem. But getting some that have the same two-tone color pattern, that may be the hardest part... If you're dead set on sticking to the two-tone, reupholstering might be you're only option unless you get EXTREMELY lucky in a salvage yard.

And trust me when I say that you can get very lucky in the salvage yards sometimes. This coming from someone who not long ago scored an ENTIRE Diamond Edition interior complete with seats, door panels, and steering wheel, in near MINT condition, at a salvage yard in Crystal River, Florida
Im pretty well set on getting it to near chalk numbers matching configuration, Im already prepared to reupholster all the seats, wheel, etc. its Material type, colorcode, and sourcing thats the big issue.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:33 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2004-C...sAAOSw5HFdSFgz

I think this is the color combo that you need. You can talk to them if you need matching material for the doors, etc. Not sure what differences there may be with 1999 vs 2002. You'll have to ask if they can do for 1999.

Last edited by LesMyer; 11-08-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LesMyer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2004-C...sAAOSw5HFdSFgz

I think this is the color combo that you need. You can talk to them if you need matching material for the doors, etc. Not sure what differences there may be with 1999 vs 2002. You'll have to ask if they can do for 1999.
I think these are for the larger Trailblazer SUV, which debuted in 2002.

I wonder if they make S10 ones...I couldn't find any in their ebay store.

Old 11-08-2019, 05:20 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I think these are for the larger Trailblazer SUV, which debuted in 2002.

I wonder if they make S10 ones...I couldn't find any in their ebay store.
I'm pretty sure that the 1999 Trailblazer used that exact same color combo. Found some photos of a 1999 Trailblazer on our Forum that had them. Figured it was good to find someone with the two colors in leather. OP can contact that company for further info. I'm guessing the seat cover manufacturers have computerized pattern and color data for the different years. Maybe they can get 1999 Trailblazer on request. Call: (281) 691 2859 It's a start!

See post 1 here for good photo of the seats in 1999 Trailblazer.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-...or-help-81946/

Last edited by LesMyer; 11-08-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by LesMyer
I'm pretty sure that the 1999 Trailblazer used that exact same color combo. Found some photos of a 1999 Trailblazer on our Forum that had them. Figured it was good to find someone with the two colors in leather. OP can contact that company for further info. I'm guessing the seat cover manufacturers have computerized pattern and color data for the different years. Maybe they can get 1999 Trailblazer on request. Call: (281) 691 2859 It's a start!

See post 1 here for good photo of the seats in 1999 Trailblazer.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-...or-help-81946/
Those look pretty damn close and by close i mean spot on. If anything the material colors look correct so i can fairly easily get away with re sewing the covers to fit. Although christ thats expensive. I'll place a call to them after Veterans Day.

Last edited by Mods; 11-10-2019 at 11:33 PM.