Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Roof rack light question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Roof rack light question.

Since after the accident i was in the headlights are all off angel. so yesturday i ran to pepboys and got some aux lights and mounted them on the front valance. I want to get roof rack lights too but i have no idea how or where to run the wires for the lights. Does anyone have any pics of theres or can you explain to me how you did it?

Thanks,
Lee.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

for roof rack lights your gonna want to create a bracket (best way to do it) or mount them directly on your luggage rack. if you drill a small hole in one of the 2 rails running from the front of the vehicle back. and also your mostly likely gonna have to take your luggage rack off then run your wires through the roof (they will be hidden after you get the luggage rack back on). down your a pillar. now is where it depends on what type of lights your going with. if you are getting offroad lights you are going to have to have separate relays. were talking 100w-130w lights. let me know what type of lights your thinking. you can also check out kiwiblazer. he modified his roof rack to do this.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:39 AM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road

eh i dont know what kinda lights i want to go with yet. just some type of off road lights. running the wires through the roof, am i going to have to take the headliner off at all?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:07 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

I think that Sisk have pics of this in his build thread.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by slammed95blazer
eh i dont know what kinda lights i want to go with yet. just some type of off road lights. running the wires through the roof, am i going to have to take the headliner off at all?
yea part of the way. it isnt to bad. both visors. and if you have a center console theres 2-3 screws holding that on. you have to cover on one of the lights on that console.