Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Spare Tire Dismount

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Starting Member
kajo25ut is on a distinguished road
Default Spare Tire Dismount

I just took off my tire due to the fact that i tow a boat and it was in the way. Now i want to take off the whole swing arm but it looks as if someone maybe welded the bottom pin on. I can remove the top one with ease but i dont know how to take off the bottom one. I was wondering if any one has any ideas on this. Or if i can just drill out the bottom one and replace the pin if i ever want to put it back on. Any help would be great.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

well...first off.. welcome to the forum! BUT this thread will probably get moved to a more approriate section.

are you trying to leave the hinges on the truck? if so it may be a little difficult to take the pins out, they may be binding up because of the weight of the arm.
there should also be a "C" clip on the bottom of the pins, make sure that you remove it with a flat head screw driver.(would make it near impossible to remove the pin if the clip is still there.)

As for drilling it out, Im sure you could, just be careful. I dont know about a replacement pin, you would prolly have to go to the hardware store and replact it with a "threadless" bolt or something similar.

I JUST removed my spare tire rack yesterday to start repainting it. All was fine with mine, I sprayed WD-40 and let it sit for about an hour before I started.
Then just hit the pin out with a hammer, and finished pushing it out with a screw driver.

GOOD LUCK!! and again WELCOME!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to Paint, Body, & Interior*