Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

spare tire rack

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:05 PM
nails5240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spare tire rack

Im not sure if this would even work but i was wondering if anyones ever heard of takin the spare tire rack from the back of a 2 door and mounting it to the back of a 4 door. Ive never seen it before but I think it would look kinda cool.

I wasnt sure if a 31x10.5 would fit in the regular spot underneath the back of the blazer.

Has anyone seen this before or know where i could see pictures?

Old 06-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: spare tire rack

Anything can be accomplished with time and money, but I do not think that the passenger side corner of the 4-door blazers have the reinforcements that are in the back of the 2-door blazers for the bracket.

And I don't even think that a 30" tire will fit under the truck. I think that it is only large enough for the plus sized factory tire, the 235/75R15, which is a 29" diameter tire.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:20 PM
nails5240 is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend'a father owns a body shop so anything thats beyond my amateur abilities would probabl be relatively cheap to have done.

I was hopin a trip to the junkyard, a long afternoon, and a 12 pack would be all i needed.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely should cover it. You may have to reinforce the mounting inside the truck, but that should be fairly easy to accomplish with the tools in a body shop at your disposal.