Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Swap leather seats for cloth

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
blazin_j is on a distinguished road
Default Swap leather seats for cloth

Hello. I have a 95 4 door Blazer LT with leather seats. I hate leather seats. Anyways I was at the wreckers the other day getting some engine parts from a 96 4 door Jimmy, and I was wondering if those seats would work with my truck? My driver seat has the electric controls, every thing else is manual without the heated seats. Thanks for your input.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If they are electric cloth seats they will fit. The seats wouldn't be different between a blazer and a jimmy. They were the same styles from 95-96. Only problem you would have would be with your electrics. You could always just take the electric ones out though and put regular seats in.
What are you planning on doing with your old leather seats?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:48 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sisk
If they are electric cloth seats they will fit. The seats wouldn't be different between a blazer and a jimmy. They were the same styles from 95-96. Only problem you would have would be with your electrics. You could always just take the electric ones out though and put regular seats in.
What are you planning on doing with your old leather seats?
I can tell the gears are turning.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM
blazin_j is on a distinguished road

Cool. I was a little concerned with with electronics, but I think I'll be fine with manual seats. I'm not sure what to do with the leather seats, sell them I guess, there's some minor tear on the drivers seat, that's about it.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Another option, if you are mechanically inclined, would be to remove the covers and change them out. Not really all that difficult, if you can deal with hog ring pliers. At least, I think they still use hog rings.