Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Cloth to Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road
Default Cloth to Leather?

Tossing around the idea of having my black cloth seats stripped and re-sewn with black leather.

Q'S:

Has anyone done this?
What kind of price should I look for?
Any specific leather to avoid?

Old 03-30-2010, 02:49 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Bump..

Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would try to get in touch with a local upholstery shop. You may be surprised at what they could do with your original seat covers by taking them apart and using them as the pattern for your new seat covers.

There are some companies that sell slip on covers (katzkin.com, leatherseats.com, etc) as well, but I have never liked the fit/finish of seat covers. Even Katzkin covers just don't seem to have the fit/finish of a factory seat cover. It may just be me.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

i have gripes about both...cloth...stains..leather..well..in winter..i'd much prefer cloth lol..and if left untreated and in direct sun..they get ugly the seats in my 1st gen were the med gray and they torn up a little when i bought it but if youre like me and wear tank tops...(well hopefully not bikini tops and spaghetti strap shirts) your back sticks to the seat and it feels slimy sweaty and nasty..ended up buying cheap walmart covers and
IMO im happy with cloth but not happy with the stain factor but dont wanna buy covers casue i like the color scheme of them and they absorb smells more so than leather...but no one smokes in or around my truck so...eh..go through the pros n cons..