Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Replacing cloth with leather

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member
Keystoneguy91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Replacing cloth with leather

Looking into replacing my cloth factory seats with leather seats. My seats now aren't power seats and was wondering if I found power leather seats is there a hookup for them in my 2002 blazer ?

Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Look under the seats, you probably have the hook-ups for power seats. My '02 does & many other 2nd gen blazers. Reason being "factory options" that were mostly done at a dealership.
GM put the power & plugs under the seats for those that wanted heated seats from the factory & it's cheaper to do that than to have a dealership run new wiring.

Basically - just include the option for that option if needed, is better business sense.

Also try SEARCH, it works well & I know this was talked about in the last few months.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Beginning Member
diamondeditionzr22000blazer is on a distinguished road

replacing manual seats with power seats is easy...you will only need to run 2 wires (power and ground)...make sure you connect the power wire to something that is always on so the seats will work even if the key is off/out...i forgot where i hooked mine up to but just use a test light and check the fuses for a constant source..now if you add heated seats then there will be a 3rd power wire..connect this to a source that only comes on when the key is turned on so you don't run down the battery by not turning the heat off..if you need more help let me know...

Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

GM used the same harness on blazers. Even if the plug isn't under the seat I bet the connection/plug is under the dash. Might have to get the wire from the dash to the seat and put a fuse in for the option. No need to tap and add when the factory stuff is there.