Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Trimming 96 blazer front fenders

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Beginning Member
jester429 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trimming 96 blazer front fenders

Well everyone is saying trim your fenders for larger clearance but when i look at my blazer all i see at the rear of the fender well is the floor boards. Does this also need to be modified to complete this task?I'm installing a 2 inch body lift next weekend and looking other options as well to fit 35's any info would be appreciated. thanks

Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Trimming 96 blazer front fenders

1.) It's a 4.3 liter V6

2.) Nothing wrong with stock

3.) Unless you're trying to fit 35's with just a 2" body lift

Seriously, you won't have any fenders left if you're trying to shoehorn 35's under a stock suspension Blazer with a 2" BL. Even one of our members with a ZR2 to start (3" higher than non-Z's) is only running 33's with waaaaay more than a BL.

Here's a member who's trimming to fit 31's.

Here's a VERY informative thread on what tires will fit with which lifts and any extra necessary steps.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Got any pics of your truck?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah, heh was wondering if anyone would sayanything about the .7 anyways My intention isn't to put 35's on just a 2" Body lift. Im still debating on which route i want to go with the suspention. axle swap would be my top choice but i don't have any place to do it presently.... or the parts lol anyways... I had already found that thread with the search button. great resource! Hopefully Flyinbrad will have some insight for me. No pictures yet. I'll take a few snaps while installing the Body lift. UPS better be on time!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha oh wow...35's..might as well just take the fenders off. And unless you're going to find 35x9.5s you won't be able to turn due to rubbing the frame.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Beginning Member

hey now that's an idea.... i'll create a new concept blazer .....I think they could fit. especially if i do an axel swap