Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Wash, Clay and Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road
Default Wash, Clay and Wax

I just washed my Jimmy with Armorall Ultra shine (Wash and Wax) and I want to get a clay bar and wax tomorrow morning. I have a couple questions.. Does it matter if I wax/claybar after using a wash and wax? And does anyone have any suggestions as to a good clay/wax combo package? Thanks.

Steve

EDIT: I need it to fill scratches as much as possible.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Beginning Member
Dhg1147 is on a distinguished road
Default wax

Meguire's is all I used to use on my mustang. It seems to do the job!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Beginning Member
idrd is on a distinguished road

Make sure you keep the surface wet when using the claybar. I use a cheapo detail spray wax and it works fine. I just finished my Harley and car the same exact way.

Washed, regular Mothers car wash. Used claybar with cheapo detail spray wax, make sure you wipe it clean. The wax is just for a lubricant. I never tried the following and always thought it was a waste of time but its not. Was at the Barret Jackson Auction in Scottsdale AZ last month and watch them do a car just like this at Mothers boot. UNREAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After doing the above use Mothers POLISH. It gives the care a deeeep shine and it looks like its wet when you are done. Its easy on and super easy off. Its called Mothers power polish stage 1. After you have that wiped off finish up with Mothers FX Synwax, paste. Again, new product line is super easy on, even super easier off.

My bike and my care have gotten rave reviews from neighbors and friends. Both the bike and car have paint just like it came out of the factory so it makes it all easier. Meguires has the same treatment, Cleaner wax, Polish, not sure of their wax name but their products are good too. Believe me, it may take you the better part of the day if you do the claybar first but man, please believe me, its an unreal finish. Paint is as smooooooooth as you will ever feel it and when finished the car has a mirror finish. Good luck

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I ended up getting Meguires wax and Mothers claybar kit. (came with spray and towel) I also picked up a 6 pack of microfiber towels and of course...some car fresheners.