General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Underbody and Engine Bay Wash?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Underbody and Engine Bay Wash?

Hey guys,

I have some serious mud on the under body and actually in the engine bay too. It is splattered everywhere and probably dried by now. What is the best way to about cleaning the mud from the engine bay and underbody?

A car wash with an under body wash option doesn't really seem to do much in cleaning mud off and I don't have a pressure washer at home. Would a hose get most of the stuff off under body? And I'm not even sure where to start with cleaning the engine bay.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

u could get it with a regular garden hose if u have good pressure or a strong sprayer and i would recommend using sum degreaser. if u have an old bbq brush u could use that too to help break it up. but when u clean the engine bay make sure u wrap and "seal" the electronics up so u dont have to replace them when ur done. that would suck. and im meaning the coil, ignition module, and distributor. then when ur cleaning the bay dont focus ur spray on the electronics and ul be fine. u cant get it perfect, but y did u get it muddy if ur gonna worry about cleaning it? lol

Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Good luck cleaning off your driveway after. That was always the worst part for me.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:27 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Good luck cleaning off your driveway after. That was always the worst part for me.
THe one time I have cleaned james at home after mudding I did it in the street. Usualy I go the powerwash car wash down the road and let them deal with it.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Default .

After talking to a few guys on different forums (jeep, nissan frontier, etc.) a consensus of a rainbow lawn sprinkler under the truck is the way to go. Since they oscillate and spray under the truck, leave it under there and move it from back to middle to front and it seems to do a good job lol. Yay for the country way of doing things lol.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:02 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

if the sprinkler isnt redneck enough for ya then i dont know what is.....lmao. this is america after all.......love the idea and is noted in the head.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
if the sprinkler isnt redneck enough for ya then i dont know what is.....lmao. this is america after all.......love the idea and is noted in the head.

Yeeeaaah Budddy! lol. When I have mine going, I'll snap a pic and post it on here haha.