Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Where can I purchase the pinstripe that runs on the sides?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Beginning Member
julioAKAjunior is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I purchase the pinstripe that runs on the sides?

I had to repaint a quarter panel which means that front panel has no pinstripes and it looks weird lol unlike a lot of people who don't like the pinstripe (stock one), I love it. Either way both are very faded and old so I wanted to replace both. Where can I find the pinstripes that run from the back door to the front panel? (My current stripe is tan)

http://www.alpinemotorswyoming.com/u...azer-LT-rt.JPG
(Not my truck, but that black line that runs mid-thru the doors all the way to the front panel)

I have a '99 Blazer 4 DR Maroon W/Tan pinstripe

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by julioAKAjunior
I had to repaint a quarter panel which means that front panel has no pinstripes and it looks weird lol unlike a lot of people who don't like the pinstripe (stock one), I love it. Either way both are very faded and old so I wanted to replace both. Where can I find the pinstripes that run from the back door to the front panel? (My current stripe is tan)

http://www.alpinemotorswyoming.com/u...azer-LT-rt.JPG
(Not my truck, but that black line that runs mid-thru the doors all the way to the front panel)

I have a '99 Blazer 4 DR Maroon W/Tan pinstripe

Thanks!

If you're referring to the thin pinstripes that start at the front of the fender in your pic and then ends at the back door, then I'd bet they were painted on at the dealership when your blazer was new and prepped for sale. At least that's how it was done at the two dealerships I've worked at. We would have a guy that would stripe new cars all day, by hand with a thin brush. Using a strip of masking tape to lay out a straight edge for use as his guide. I would imagine any body shop would be able to hook you up with the number of a pinstriper.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Starting Member
Jakeduece is on a distinguished road

I had the same pinstripe on my blazer just like in that pic. It is in fact a long sticker lol. Its not painted on. I actually removed mine because I like that clean badge less look. I'm not sure where to purchase one, but I'm sure a body shop could put it on for you. I believe the sticker in the door jam would tell them what they need.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Beginning Member
julioAKAjunior is on a distinguished road

Yea its not painted lol I can see why some people don't like it, heck to tell you the truth they do look better without but for some reason I just love how mine looks with it lol Great color combo tan contrast