Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

xtreme oem front/ground effects

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 PM
ghostriderjp is on a distinguished road
Default xtreme oem front/ground effects

I am looking at buying an xtreme blazer. Has a few dings and trying to get it for dirt cheap. There is a crack in the front of the kit on the xtreme. I was wondering if that is an easy repair, or if not where I can find an original replacement I have looked everywhere but all I see are aftermarket. Here is a picture. Looks small, but it would annoy the hell out of me.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

If its fiberglass (which I bet it is) ,it could be repairable if its not cracked all the way through. Probably cheaper than a new front bumper/valance thing and paint, even at a body shop

Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I believe the body kit is made of a sort of plastic. I don't know if it's fixable. I've never had to deal with that...

The best thing to do is search craigslist for maybe a nice used one because even LMC truck wants about $400 for a new front bumper.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

That part is fixable. It`s polyurethane , its flexable like rubber. I fixed mine on my xtreme. I took a thick enough piece of sheetmetal cut it to fit the design of the inside area of where the split is on the bottom area towards the ground and put rivets in it. I did`nt completely finish fixing it due to the shop i was working at closed down becuase my friend did`nt pay the rent.. Theres an actual sealer you can buy at the autopart stores that comes in a syringe, as you push the syringe it mixes the sealer as it comes out. Fill the crack with that and spread it out smoothly and then do necessary bodywork with putty over that sealant. If you don`t want to go thru all of that , someone on craigslist on long island has replacement front spoilers.Good luck with the truck if ya buy it.