Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

best chip/cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Beginning Member
jdell1107 is on a distinguished road
Default best chip/cold air intake

hey i was wondering what is the best chip/cold air intake for the 4.3 2000 blazer would be.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

try running a search noth things have been discussed several times, but most true cold air intakes will give you the same results so whatever brand you go with is fine. as far as "chips" go i personally wouldnt waste money on one or any handheld youll get the most bang for your buck from a custom dyno tune or custom pcm tune, but like i said ealier just run a quick search do some research and decide whats gonna be best for you.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I've been happy with my K&N FIPK intake. I also have a custom PCM tune from Wait4Me performance.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Beginning Member
001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm happy with the K&N too but, the only problem is that if you want to use a throttle body spacer you won't be able to use it with this brand.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

TB spacers are just noise makers are our engines anyway.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Mission is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe you can use the Air Aid Intake with their spacer. For a programmer Hyper Techs are nice but the best would be a tune with PCM 4 Less or Wait 4 Me

Last edited by Mission; 06-08-2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Beginning Member
jdell1107 is on a distinguished road

so were would i go to get pcm tuned like the place im getting the lift installed its like a offroading store/auto accessories.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you missed it in the earlier posts, but try wait4meperformance or pcmforless.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

at http://www.pcmtuning.net

its $101.95 shiped for ur pcm to be dyno tuned

996-2000 Vortec S-10, Full Size Truck's, Van's, Suv's 4.3 , 5.7 , 7.4
SKU:
A base performance tune can increase Horsepower, Torque, and in some cases an increase in MPG have been seen. We offer a base tune that has the potential to unlock a lot of power your vehicle has that the PCM will not let it use. The base tune is good for stock vehicles and vehicles that have bolt on performance parts. If you have a modified engine such as , forced induction, heads, cam, etc. we recommend that you bring the vehicle to us for a custom tune. This is the best way to get the best performance out of your certain combination.
The list of some of the changes in the base tune that will help unleash your car or trucks power.
Speed limiter removed
Speedometer can be re calibrated for Tire/Gear change
Fans will be set to come on at a lower temperature.
Torque management will be removed
Shift pressure can be increased ( If specified )
Remove skip shift 1-4 gear shift on a manual transmission
RPM shift change ( If specified )
Change Fuel and Spark parameters
Power Enrichment Delay is removed
RPM Fuel cut off changed
(VATS) Vehicle Anti Theft System removed ( If specified )
Trouble codes removed. egr, post cat oxygen sensors, etc. (off road use)

Old 10-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road

you can use the k&n Cold air intake with a throttle body spacer but its not worth the 45 mins involved in popping the tb off.

Quick Reply: best chip/cold air intake