Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Flared fender installation/broken body mount bolt.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
supersport_s10 is on a distinguished road
Default Flared fender installation/broken body mount bolt.

So I picked up a set of fiberglass flared fenders for my 1996 4x4 s10 blazer and was thinking about something I might not be sure how to deal with during the install. It seems to me the inner fender well is going to be horribly, and disgustingly visible after I install them. If anyone has installed these some input would be great.

My main question is, am I going to have to cut the inner fender well out so it doesn't look bad or cut some notches and bend it upward to have it flush? I'm more of a mechanical guy and not sure what to do. Thanks!

While I am posting this too I might as well ask some opinions on how to take care of another issue I encountered. I bought some Westin tube steps a while back but when I went to install them one of the body mount bolts broke off in the frame. The part of the bolt that came out looks as if someone just put some welding beads on there and jammed it in there to make it hold. To extract and rethread this mount would it be advisable to cut the interior floor open and go from above or should I get at it from below. It is pretty deep and Im not sure if the hole would be straight if I go from below. The one that broke is the one under the body where the drivers door meets the fender, or thereabouts. Again any and all input is appreciated, thanks!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I did a how to on installing zr2 flares on my four door...that may help on your flares.
The body mount...do a search around here...i have read some drill them out from the inside of the cab floor.