Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

HP/torque/tranny shifting modifications by tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Starting Member
Bolbol is on a distinguished road
Default HP/torque/tranny shifting modifications by tuning

Hey everyone

Today I found a shop where they do computer tuning of different vehicles and I was asking them about adjusting my computer so the speedometer will work with bigger tires and also to remove the 100 mph speed limit.

They said that would be $250 and for 250 extra(500 total) They could put it on a dyno and get the readings and then tune the computer to run better. What do you guys think of this? is that something that would cause significant extra wear on the tranny or the engine? and would it be a good idea since im doing a 6 in suspension lift? Should i do it for more power or do the opposite to be get better gas mileage?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Other than the dyno you can purchase a "tuner" yourself for much less and be able to do what they want to charge you the initial $250. Do a search on here and you'll find legitimate places to get a proper tune. This place is a ripoff, IMHO.