Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

HPTuners tune specific discusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Beginning Member
farshot83 is on a distinguished road
Default HPTuners tune specific discusion

I have the professional version of the tuner and I run it religeously on my vehicle to check and record long drives. Using this of course allows me to make many changes to the computer controlled systems and processes. I have removed ALL of the torque reduction, increased spark dwell time, remapped timing and air/fuel charts. On a stock jimmy with high grade tune up parts and premium fuel. I have gained quite a bit. Much more power is noticed and plowing and towing is even easier. (I have to add traction bars/lift bars to prevent the squat in the back under hard acceleration) The vehicle drives completely different then it did before. I made sure to set the "stock" tune for the tow mode button. That way I can put it to stock again to use the butt dyno and compare my tune to original factory tune.

My ?'s are...

Does anybody else have a tune they want to share?
tuning tips?
do's and don'ts?

Its not easy using these tuners so I'm thinking we should start a repository for our vehicles here. This would help others to tune the way they want and help other members. (it cost about 100 to tune a single vehicle)

Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Beginning Member
farshot83 is on a distinguished road

*bump*

Old 04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

can you drive with that thing on and see what your air intake temps are and stuff like that i dont have the tuner but i have a custom tuned pcm running my supercharger i was just wondering if you can moniter your engine sensors while driving