Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

i do know if it is possible

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM
my
Beginning Member
my is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation i do know if it is possible

ok i have an idea i have had it sence i got the blazer it was to put a standerd trans in it i i dont know if it is possible or not and if it is do i have to put all new wiring in if you could let me know fast it would help i have all ready droped the trans and have another one wating to go in but if i can make a tranderd work in it i would do that thanks

Old 03-15-2009, 04:51 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what year your Blazer is? If you will create a signature with your vehicle info in it, we won't have to ask this question each time, but maybe this thread will help you. The 'search' function is your friend. It only took me about 3 minutes to locate this one.

Last edited by rriddle3; 03-15-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
my
Beginning Member
my is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry didnt think of that and most of the time if you start up an old forum again no one responds

Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Beginning Member
BuckingBullMan is on a distinguished road

The easiest way I have found to determine these type of things is to see if a standard trans was made in the same year vehicle you are working on if so then you can get all the swap parts from either a wrecking yard or the dealer hope this helps......

Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, really need to know what year it is you are driving. Putting that information in your signature and attaching it to your posts is a good way to keep these types of questions from being asked.

As far as doing a manual transmission swap, just as BBM has said, if it was offered in that year, you should be able to get everything to make the swap. If you have a newer truck, you will need to get the PCM reprogrammed to remove the control and diagnostic systems for the transmission. If it is 4wd, then you will have to get your parts from another 4wd. I am sure there is more...