Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

K&N Cold air.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM
MindzEyeWRX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: K&N Cold air.

i don't try to drive through rivers or anything. lol. i do a good job of avoiding flooded areas. there was this one time i came upon a flooded street and i decided to take a detour rather then risk driving through it.

i purchased the car with it on there, it makes for a good summer intake and i'll probably purchase a stock intake for next winter, get a retuned map for that intake and switch maps on my tuner program when i switch intakes.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

^
|

[sm=loveeyes.gif]

Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

^
|

[sm=loveeyes.gif]
thanks. yeah i love this car, mountain and canyon roads are so much fun to drive in an AWD turbocharged car.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:43 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

dude where do u live to be cruzin on those kinda roads? cali? cuz i wanna find some of those roads

Old 03-21-2008, 10:53 PM

does the k&n housing for the intake do a good job of sealing it off from the rest of the bay? or would i have to do some additional modifications to make it seal?

i'm looking to get the k&n 57 series FIPK for the 01' blazer
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=57-3017-2

Old 03-21-2008, 11:00 PM

yeah cali here.

highway 1 is the best drive i've ever been on. good scenes, nice straight aways, and some really good twisties along some cliffs. theres also a mountain called hamilton in san jose, ca. drive is nothing but twisties for about 2 hours, a lot of signs that post really low speeds through the turn. try taking a hairpin turn thats posted at 10mph, but your hitting the apex of the turn at 30-35mph, what a high.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

hahahaha wooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww thats amazing. i need to take a trip out there but i need a good driving car first i dont think my blazer can take a hair pin turn at 30. we got some nice lil twisty roads out here in wisconsin around holy hill its short tho the whole drive takes up about 1-2 hrs its a good scenic drive

Old 03-21-2008, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: MindzEyeWRX02

does the k&n housing for the intake do a good job of sealing it off from the rest of the bay? or would i have to do some additional modifications to make it seal?

i'm looking to get the k&n 57 series FIPK for the 01' blazer
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=57-3017-2
IMO it comes with the most "complete" heat shield, it seals against the hood very well and on both sides (fuse box, and rad support). the bottom has about 1/2" of space between the shield and the fenderwell but thats nothing a few strips of duct tape cant seal off

the hole where the intake pipe goes through (2nd pic) leaves some space around thepipe and, while i havent done anything to that part, im sure duct tape could fix it too.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Starting Member
curse is an unknown quantity at this point

if you all don't mind I'd like to ask a few k&n questions here too. I've always wanted to try a k&n CAI for my 94 s10blazer but I'm not so sure I want to go with the box stock k&n shape that they recommend for my blazer as its not a air tight seal for the heat shield and plus the filter kinda just sits in there. I imagine that if the filter is fastened so no air goes around it would be better performance but thats just my amateur's 2cents. If there wont be a performance gain between the stock k&n or cone then I'll just stick with the air intake system and heat shield i got and just put a k&n in it.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 PM
sccadsr31 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used K&N filters on several cars and on our 95 blazer for over 100k miles. The important thing is to clean them with their cleaner and re-oil with K&N oil. I only use the squeeze bottle oil and am conservative with the oil, it really does not take much to soak the filter, better to go back and add rather than too much. The spray bottle oil puts on way too much oil.

David
95 Blazer
4.3L, 2 wheel drive
147K miles
Purchased new April 15 1995.