Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Throttle body help and air intake help

Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Beginning Member
94camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Throttle body help and air intake help

I removed the throttle body EGR plate on the throttle body. Well when i removed it i removed the whole plate and now i have those two holes in the throttle body (this is a spare from a junkyard bravada). How do i go about plugging these holes up? i was thinking jb weld but i dont know if that would hold up. I also have two more questions i was wondering if i could change my idle level like what rpm it idles at? My second question is i have a warm air kit from ebay on the truck right now It has an aluminum tube and i was wondering if i could possibly remove things up front to allow more airflow to that filter. Also could i cut the original airbox to create a shield and put the air tube through that? Are there any other things i can do to my air intake system to flow better? Port and polish the mass airflow sensor? Port and polish the throttle body?

Old 12-14-2008, 01:04 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Throttle body help and air intake help

functional ram air setup.

I would think cutting the stock air box would be alot more difficult than buying some aluminum or using ABS plastic and cutting your own. No idea about porting the MAF..doesnt sound like a good idea though

Old 12-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Beginning Member

Ok but the Hood or any hood would be too much money are there any components that i could remove from the front by were the air is taken in? I guess i am going to make a plastic air intake and shield so theintake does not absorb too much heat

Old 12-14-2008, 09:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

MOVED FROM 'REMOVING THROTTLE BODY' THREAD

ORIGINAL: 94camaro
Anybody know how to remove a throttle body on a 96 4.3 blazer? I have all the bolts out and i have take off the wire for the throttle but i cannot seem to figure out how to remove the other cable on the throttle body. I think the other cable i am talking about removing is for the cruise control. Could anybody help me on this? Thank You.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a little plastic clip. You need to be very careful about removing this clip as it can and will go flying. Let me get some pictures for you... BRB

*EDIT* - Well, actually, the throttle body I have is from a 96 Astro AWD and it did not have the c-clip style retainer for the cruise cable. This style connection could be disconnected by pushing forward on the plastic end of the cable.

For the later (or alternate) type, there is a plastic c-clip. It is quite difficult to remove. I used a very small flat head screw driver (1/16" wide max) to pry out on the clip.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:44 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I've been looking at the intake..and I couldnt really come up with a way to get more airflow through the stock location. I know that on Toyota trucks, a pretty popular mod is to install a deckplate in the airbox so allow better airflow into the intake. You would seal the deckplate for offroading (much better option IMO than swiss-cheesing it). I suppose a good first step would be to just cut the hole wider behind the headlight...but youre still limited by the headlight itself..

DDI?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Beginning Member

Ok i can try cutting a bigger hole where the original is. I am going to go out later today and try to remove that cruise control cable.