Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

What is the 1st thing to do to a 97' Chevy Blazer 4.3L?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Yankee Team1020 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation What is the 1st thing to do to a 97' Chevy Blazer 4.3L?

I have a Chevy 1997 Blazer S10 that has a 4.3L engine and im not sure what I want to do to it that is cheap but is also worth the effort. I would like to enhance the performance before anthing else but after I enhance the performanc I would like to lift it and put some bigger tires in it. And also it is just a daily driver chevy but I still want the hp and the lift. If you have somthing you know of that would help it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Yankee Team1020; 07-22-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sell it and buy a Ford lol I kid I kid.

What do you want to do with it? Lift it lower it off roader crusier daily driver? Tell me that and I'll shoot some ideas to you. Welcome to the forum also .

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Yankee Team1020 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome! And i think i would like to lift it but first put some more hp in it first.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

How about an intake gasket kit to start huh????? Or maybe some ball joints???? Oh yeah before i forget how about a fuel filter before u fry a fuel pump!!!!!! Its a 1997 prob only a couple years younger than you. Just drive it man you are gonna be so pissed when you have to put 2500 in the front end just to hold up your lift and tires. If you want a lifted fast truck go buy a gas r/c truck cheaper more fun and you will still have a mode of transportation

Old 07-31-2010, 10:29 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok or, or go this route. Start off with some bolt on's like air intake with a heat shield, free flowing muffler, computer tune, etc. Then maybe some general upgrades like spark plug wires and the rest of the tune up parts. Maybe some under drive pullies if your not gonna run heavy electrical loads. It won't be a race car but you'd be surprised what you can get done. Plus the 4.3's work pretty well with nitrous and other forced induction systems, but that's a lil up there in $$$ and time for a daily driver.

That's just a few ideas, there's alot of things you can do for HP. Even a gear swap up to 3.73 if you don't already have them. Even 4.10 ratio right before you lift it and get bigger tires. But that can be pricey if you don't know a guy at a shop or a backyard mechanic.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 AM
99jimmy500 is on a distinguished road

the easy mods are open up the front of the stock airbox and remove the front mount from core support then move on to the throttle body and cut the half moon off (be careful) but i would start with a good tuneup

Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 99jimmy500
then move on to the throttle body and cut the half moon off (be careful)
I'd do a bit of reading up on that before you just go hacking it off.