Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

what is out there ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what is out there ?

i just got a 95 blazer. i am looking to see what they have to offer for "small" mods (ignition,fuel system,.....) i know i can get a cold air intake for it anywhere. and if anyone has these mods if you noticed any gains in mpg. i have a 69 GTO Judge so i dont want to go head/cam/intake/turbo or supercharger. i am looking for a good set (ceramic coated that willbolt up with no tweaking)of headers/exhaust and some other smaller mods to help with the mpg. any suggestions or reccomendations?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: what is out there ?

the reason why i dont want to boost it or go with heads/cam is because i have enough speed with my gto i just want somethign to give it a little more spunk with gains in mpg.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 95 too. For headers, the only decent brand i could find was edelbrock (they are ceramic coated by the way). A cat back exhaust is another thing you could do. I chose to do 2.5" exhaust and a flowmaster muffler. I guess we cant do a pcm tune since we are stuck between odbI and odbII (ive asked a couple of people who do it and they have all said they cant). other than that, all i can think of is maybe changing the intake manifold (which maybe farther then you want to go...) and carb that out instead of fuel injection...

Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Starting Member

it is fuel injected itis the CPI motor. i have to change that too its bad.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh if the CPI is bad, you could switch the intake manifold and carb it out instead of just replacing the fuel injectors. That would definitely add some power, but im not sureif that would help you with mpg....

Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Look at upgrading your ignition, in particular the coil. Get an aftermarket coil (Accel) with more voltage, freer flowing intake and exhaust and if you want to get extreme for mpg sake, go to higher gears. You also might want to look at the whole ignition package (Jacobs or MSD). Undersize pulleys and electric fan will also help. A lighter foot also helps tremendously.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Starting Member

what about a diffrent TB ? i hear the stock one restricts airflow pretty bad. i looked on summit and they have a crane ignition kit that looks ok it comes with a coil and ignition box

Yet another long link from SummitRacing.com

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the hidden link feature by first typing the text which describes the link, highlighting the description, then clicking on the 'insert link' icon in the toolbar above the text box () and pasting in the link. Thanks.